Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Wireless printers are the new thing in town. Previously you could see wireless printers only in the office space, but today they are in our homes and small institutes as well. Yes, it makes things super easy. You don’t have to pull up your laptop to where your printer is placed and can print away from just about any corner of the office or house. However, the first step for this seamless experience starts with the proper wireless printer set up.
Once you select a wireless printer, you will definitely want to access it remotely. Want to get started? Just follow the given steps and we are good to go.
Connecting your wireless printer
This solution will look at wireless printer or all-in-one printer. The solution steps should work for most of the wireless printers out there, aiming for direct connections.
Step 1: Connect your Printer to Windows
- Open the Cortana and then press Windows Key + Q
- Now type in ‘printer’
Step 2: Select Printers and Scanners
- You now need to turn on the printer
- Check the manual to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network. Your Wi-Fi should be active at this stage.
- Now hit ‘Add printer or scanner’
- Now select the printer from the results showing
- Finally click ‘Add Device’.
- You are now good to go. Enjoy printing wirelessly.
Can’t Find Printer
There is a possibility that due to some reason, Windows is unable to locate the printer. If you are facing this issue, here are some steps to resolve it in no time.
- You first need to open Cortana by pressing Windows Key + Q
- Now type in ‘printer’
- Select ‘printers and scanners’
- Hit ‘Add printer or scanner’
- Now select, ‘the printer that I want isn’t listed’
- Select ‘Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer’
- Now select the connected printer
- This should connect your wireless printer to Windows.
- If you are still unable to find the printer, then make sure that both your Windows and printer are switched on and connected to the same local network.
How to change the default printer set up
Another thing that can act as a challenge is changing the default printer preferences. Windows will automatically attempt to set the default printer by picking the one used most recently on the connected network. This is a default setting and what it simply means is that Windows can remember which printer to use when making the switch between networks. If you want to change the default printer settings, here is what you need to do.
- Open Cortana and then press Windows Key + Q
- Now type ‘printer’
- Select ‘Printers and Scanners’
- Now turn off, ‘Let Windows manage my default printer’
- Select the printer you want to set as default from the list of available devices
- Select ‘Manage’
- Now press, ‘Set as Default’
Following these simple wireless printer set up steps, you will be able to connect your printer through Wi-Fi in no time. These steps will also work if you are setting up a wired printer. For further assistance, you can take the help of printer support and resolve your issue in no time. Just remember that the set up of printer is simple and you just need to follow the steps properly.