Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
If you own an iOS device such as an iPad or an iPhone, you might have faced issues while printing documents from that device because the process of printing is slightly different for the products of Apple. In this article, we will discuss how to print from iPhone 4 to Dell wireless printer. Since all the iOS devices require a special technology called AirPrint technology to be supported by the printers in order to enable you to print, the users need a guide to understand the process. In this article, we will discuss the two cases in which you can use your Dell wireless printer to take prints from your iPhone 4 device. Both of these cases have been discussed below in detail.
Using an AirPrint Compatible Printer
If you have a Dell printer that is compatible with the AirPrint technology, then you can take prints very easily. It is very easy and helps you to take instant printouts. The steps that should be followed are:
- On your iPhone, open the application from which you want to take the print.
- Tap on the Hamburger button and select the Print option. If the Print option is not available in the Hamburger menu, it will be present in the Share menu. Therefore, choose accordingly.
- Select the printer from the list. Make sure that it is on the same network as the iPhone.
- Select the number of copies, pages to be printed, etc.
- Finally tap the Print option at the top right corner.
In a few moments, you will have a printed copy of the required page.
Using an AirPrint Non-Compatible Printer
Using a printer that is not compatible with the AirPrint technology does not allow you to print pages directly from your iPhone. Thus, we will use a compatibility software to do the same. The steps that you should follow to print a page using an AirPrint non-compatible printer are:
- Open a search engine and look for ‘AirPrint Compatibility Software.’
- Download and install a suitable version of a suitable software. For demonstration purposes, we will discuss the process using a software called AirPrint Activator.
- Once the software has been installed successfully, run the program.
- Turn the switch of AirPrint Activator to ON position.
- A dialog box asking for device details will open up. Enter the required details and click on OK button. The software will now install the required files by itself.
- Once the indicator starts flashing green, it means that the printer is ready to be used.
- Now, open System Preferences and click on Print and Fax option.
- Switch on your printer so that the software can find it. A green indicator flashes beside the name of the printer. This means that the printer is compatible.
- Check the “Share this printer on the network” option.
- Click on Sharing Preferences and check the Printer Sharing option.
- Close the AirPrint Activator program and use your iPhone 4 to take printouts.
In this way, you can easily make your printer AirPrint compatible and use it to print various pages from your iPhone 4 to Dell Wireless Printer device.