How to connect Canon M3600 printer to Wi-Fi
Get instructions for connecting to Wi-Fi with a Canon M3600 printer. Read the following step-by-step process and follow the instructions to know how to connect Canon M3600 printer to Wi-Fi.
However, before you start, you need to check the WPS button method for some conditions:
- There should be a physical WPS button at the access point. For more information see User Guide for your device.
- Use your network protocol or WPA security protocol for WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected). The appropriate access point will be added with the use of WPS. You can use the WEP protection method (similar protection) or cable to protect this. For more information about whether the security mechanism is used in your wireless network, check the wireless settings on your computer
Stages to connect Canon M3600 printer to Wi-Fi.
Ensure that your printer is ON and the wireless router as well as the WPS buttons are available when needed.
Press the [Wi-Fi] button on the printer until the printer does not flash the light.
Press the [Black] button, and then press the [Wi-Fi] button. Make sure that the Wi-Fi light is ON. Press the [WPS] button after 2 minutes.
The Blue Wi-Fi lamp printer will continue to flash. When it is connected to the access point, power and Wi-Fi indicator will flash. The printer is successfully connected to its wireless network. The power and Wi-Fi lights not blinking will indicate that the connection is broken.
Make sure to turn on WiFi lamps and lights.
Confirm Network Configuration. To ensure that your printer connects properly to your wireless network, you may need to print your printer’s network settings:
- Make sure your printer is working
- Bring simple sheets of A4 paper or letters.
- Find the [Wi-Fi] icon and press the button until the power light flashes. Continue to press it.
- The network information page will be printed.
When checking the hard copy, make sure that the “connection” for the “active” symbol and SSID (the name of your wireless network) is set to identify the services that represent the name of your wireless network.
This is the WPS configuration process.
Now install software.
If you do not know your product, or if you are using Mac, download the software.
After installing the software, follow these steps for a standard connection:
- When the initial screen appears, click [Setup].
- You will need to update software drivers. This may take a few minutes.
- Then select your region and country, and click on [next].
- If you agree to the terms of the license agreement, then click [Yes].
- If you want to participate in the extended survey program, click on [I agree].
- To allow the installation wizard to finish its process, click on [Next].
- Select [Wireless LAN Connection], then [Next]
- The software will search for pre-configured printers on their network.
It takes some time, so be patient while it is searching for a printer.
- A list of printers in your network are shown under the “Network Printer” window. Click on the right printer to install the software.
- You are waiting for the installation of the printer during this process, your computer and network connection has been temporarily disabled.
- To register the printer, click [Next] (This will open in a web browser). Otherwise, click on [print].
- Click “Exit” to complete the installation.