If you were thinking deeply about how to setup HP Printer Wi-Fi password then you should definitely keep the below information in mind. Any task related to how to setup HP Printer Wi-Fi password should certainly cover only those HP printers which have wireless functionality and make use of Wi-Fi Direct if they are not linking via local Wi-Fi networks.
Setup HP Printer Wi-Fi Password
You have to review the settings for Wi-Fi Direct and then create your all-new password while also being able to change the name of the printer via the EWS (Embedded Web Server) of the printer itself. Here are the steps that have to be followed in this regard :
- You can press the Wi-Fi Direct symbol in case of printers which have touch screen control panel displays. You can press the Settings symbol for turning this feature on or off and also change your connection method to make sure that it needs a password which is Manual or does not require one which is the Automatic mode.
- For printers which do not have touch screens, you can easily print Wi-Fi Direct reports that have all the information that you need. In case there is an information button on the printer, this can be pressed for getting the report that you require. You can also press the Start and Copy buttons together for other HP printers or keep holding the Resume button upon pressing it for printing the report.
- These steps will help you set your new password while changing the name of the printer.
- Ensure that the printer is linked to the same network as your mobile device/computer.
- Get the IP address of the printer and the unique identification figure that the printer has on this network.
- For those printers without control panel displays, print out the network configuration page for getting the IP address that you need.
- For those printers with touchscreen/menu control panels, the IP address will show in the network settings or Wireless menu.
- Type in the IP address for your internet browser and then choose Enter for opening up the EWS or Embedded Web Server of the printer.
- Choose Network-Wi-Fi Direct-Status and a message will show that you are being redirected to a new page which is secure HTTPS-enabled.
- Choose OK/Redirect to HTTPS whichever is applicable in this case. Choose Advanced in case the message Your connection is not private shows up and then choose Proceed to (IP address of the Printer).
- Choose the Edit Settings option on the screen for Wi-Fi Direct Status for getting your desired changes made and then choose Apply.
These are some of the steps to be followed for setting up your new Wi-Fi password.