Connecting a Dell Printer to your Computer is usually a 10-minute process. You can connect your Dell printer to Computer in different ways. But the most common way to connect Dell Printer to PC is through USB cable which makes the Dell printer a Local printer. If your Dell printer is a wireless printer, then you can connect it to your computer via wireless network. For your easy understanding, we have provided detailed step wise procedure to connect Dell Printer to Computer in this article. Follow the simple steps given below and connect your Dell Printer to your PC easily within minutes.
Simple Steps to Connect Dell Printer to Computer
Method 1: Connecting Dell Printer to PC using USB Cable.
- Place your Dell printer near your computer. Make sure that it is close enough that the USB cable can reach your PC without tension.
- Plug in your printer to the power outlet. Now turn on your printer by pressing the printer’s power button.
- Now connect the printer to your computer using a USB Cable. In some cases, by simply plugging your printer into your computer using USB cable will automatically setup and properly installs the printer and making it ready to use.
- Click on the Windows logo and go to settings.
- Now, Click on Devices and then go to Printers & Scanners.
- Then, click on Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Now, Click your printer’s name and click on Add Device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You have to customize your settings depending on your printer before the printer is ready. Once the settings are done, the printer will be available for use on your computer.
Method 2: Connecting a Wireless Dell Printer on your PC
The steps to connect a wireless Dell printer differs depending on the model.
- Using the up and down arrow buttons present on your Dell printer, go to Setup and click on the Wireless LAN Settings.
- Now select your Wifi network. You have to just know your network’s SSID Name and Network key.
- Enter the network password
- Make sure that you are connecting PC and printer to same wifi network.
- In some cases, you need to temporarily connect your printer to pc through the USB cable. Otherwise, you can find your Dell printer is added in the Printers & scanners section under Settings- > Devices automatically.
Method 3: Installing the Dell Driver software
- Turn on your printer and computer.
- Make sure that your Dell Printer and Computer are connected to same wireless network.
- Now insert the Software and Documentation CD into the computer’s disk drive that came with your Dell printer.
- Accept the terms of the License Agreement and follow the on screen instructions.
- Connect USB cable between computer and printer when the on-screen instructions asks you to connect the USB Cable. Unplug the USB Cable when it tells you to as well.
- Now complete the installation process by following the instructions.
- Now configure your printer and align your cartridges.
We hope this article has helped you know how to connect Dell printer to computer.