If the wireless printer does not connect to Wifi, then it is a given that it will not perform properly. There are some ways in which wifi connection via unable HP Deskjet 3050 problem can be tackled:
- First, check if the computer, printer and wireless router are properly switched on.
- Then, make sure that any USB, or Ethernet cables are disconnected from the printer at the time.
- Then, right click on the Start button, and then click on Search.
- In the search field, type HP and then click on the icon of the printer.
- The HP printer software wizard will open and it will be displayed on screen.
Wifi connection via unable HP Deskjet 3050
In case, the HP Deskjet 3050 printer is being used for the very first time, then from the Windows computer, go to HP’s website and download and install the latest and compatible software for your printer. If this has already been done from the HP dealership when you bought the printer, then skip this step.
Next, click on Utilities, then click on Printer Set Up and Software Selection.
From there, click on the option to connect a new printer to your computer.
A set of prompts will come on the screen. Follow them to connect the HP Deskjet 3050 to the wireless router. The user will be asked to enter the SSID or the network name as well as the security passphrase which is also known as the WEP key or the WPA.
It is also important to check the wireless router to locate the SSID and WPA or you could also contact the internet service provider for this information.
Next, click on Finish on the last screen of the printer setup wizard and your printer will be connected to the wireless router.
For MAC OS users, the initial step is the same.
Then, press and hold the wireless button on the printer control panel for at least three seconds or till the wireless light starts to blink.
Then, press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router for several seconds till the wireless network has been identified and connected.
- Next, click on the Apple menu for software update.
- Next, click on Show details, an check mark the applicable status.
- Then, click install. Then on System Preferences. Then, on Printers and Scanners.
- Then, click on the lower left hand corner of the window and click on Add printer or Scanner.
- Then click on the name of the printer, under Name category.
- Click on Use.
- Next, click on add, then click on Install.
Once the installation is complete, the HP Deskjet 3050 printer will be connected to wireless and will be ready for use.
How to Connect wifi connection via unable HP Deskjet 3050