Printers are as important as our main devices like laptops. If there is a malfunction with our printers, then some of our priority work comes to a standstill. If you have your printers failing to print when you are pressed for deadlines or need to share a presentation with client, Printer Troubleshooting, it is frustrating and disappointing of course.
If you have your printer powered up but it is still not printing anything, then here are few of things you should check.
Bad connection issue
In this situation, you need you may need to perform a reset to get your printer to start accepting the print commands. Sometimes it is the hardware that causes this issue, while at other times, it is a software compatibility issue. So, let’s start with the basic.
- Check if your configuration is done properly
- Now try to replace your existing cable with a new one and check if the problem continues
- Wireless printers can also sometimes cause issues. Check if your device and the printer are connected to the same network.
- If the above steps don’t help much, then shut down the printer and then restart to give it a reset.
- If this also doesn’t fix the issue, then it is highly possible that it’s a wireless router that requires a reset.
There are some printers that go to an offline mode when they are out of paper, ink or even the toner. It is possible to check the ink levels with the help of onscreen print manager that’s used to monitor output jobs, along with other printer functions. Printer Troubleshooting However, the final source information comes from the device’s front panel display. Here are some steps to follow to fix this printer problem.
- Look for a paper tray alert. Is it blinking ink or on low toner message. This indicates you need to replace the necessary components.
- If you are still getting the problem, then it is possible that it is a paper jam issue or even misfeed. Once you resolve the issue, the problem will be fixed.
Clear the Printer Que
A stuck job or a pending queued output can sometimes lead to printer not printing jobs. These pauses can continue till you cancel them specifically. If you have a stuck job in queue, then every other print command after that will also get stuck. Printer Troubleshooting To resolve this issue, here are some simple steps to follow:
- Check your printer management software and delete any pending printing jobs
- You can also check the printer spooler as well
- You can also check the device’s front panel and see if it’s in the standby mode by any chance
- You need to press the relevant key that says ‘Online’ and then press ‘Go’
- This should put it back in service
Printer Driver Software
The printer driver is the software that manages the transfer of information between the printer and the computer. It is the help of this software, that the applications are send for successful printing of data. If an outdated driver is installed or you have just upgraded your operating system without having an update for drivers, then this may disrupt the printing functionality Printer Troubleshooting. To fix the printer driver issue, here are few steps to follow:
- Check the manufacturer website and see if there are any pending updates for the driver
- Sometimes, the driver that was working absolutely fine till yesterday suddenly becomes corrupt. So, the solution would be to reinstall the driver once more.
- Remember if you are running updates for your device, then you need to check the compatibility on the printer level as well.
- Give a test print once more and see if the problem is fixed.
List Of Printer Troubleshooting Issues
- Brother Printer Troubleshooting Error 32
- Printer Troubleshooting Error B200
- Brother Printer Troubleshooting Error 36
- Printer Troubleshooting Error 0X803C010B
- Troubleshooting Error Code 491
- Troubleshooting Error Code 910
- Troubleshooting Error Code 0X8000FFFF
- Troubleshooting Printer Canon IP2770 Error 5100
- Brother Printer Troubleshooting Drum Error
- Hp Printer Error Problem With Printhead
- Printer Troubleshooting Error code 8500A
- Printer Troubleshooting Error code 7520
- Printer Troubleshooting Error 8600
- Troubleshooting Printer Problems And Solutions
- Canon Printer Problems Troubleshooting