If you are interested to know howt o Connection of Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup Printer, we will first suggest the most straightforward way, which is using a WPS button. Some access points or routers have a WPS button that allows permission-granted devices like your Pixma printer to connect with the Wi-Fi network without a passphrase.
Those with a WPS button on their access point can use the ‘WPS Connection Method’ to connect to your printer.
How to Connection of Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup Printer using WPS Connection Method?
- Check whether your printer is turned on or not. If not, turn it on.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer panel until the power flashes twice, and leave the button after the second flash.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi button has a blue flash and press the WPS button on the access point for 2 minutes.
When the printer starts looking for an access point or is connecting to a router, the blue Wi-Fi lamp will be on.
During setup, the white power lamp will start blinking.
When the printer successfully connects to the wireless network, both the white and blue lamps stop blinking and remain lit.
How to confirm if your printer is successfully connected to a wireless network?
While the printer is turned on, load some pages into your printer. Now, press and hold the ‘Resume’ or ‘Cancel’ button until the white power light blinks six times and release the button. The network information page will be printed; check the connection status. If there is ‘Connection’ mentioned, it means ‘Active’, and the SSID Service Set Identifier says the actual name of the wireless network to which the printer is connected.
You need to download and install the software to run the printer. Use a Setup CD-ROM or visit Canon’s official website and look for the Setup file download links.
How to Connection of Canon Pixma Pro-100 Setup Printer using Standard Connection Method on Windows?
If your access point does not have a WPS button, you can connect your printer using the Standard Connection Method.
Insert the Setup CD-ROM to your device and run the setup. If it is not available, visit Canon’s official website and download the software compatible with your operating system and device.
After downloading the file,
- The first page of the installation process appears; click on ‘Next’.
- Choose ‘Wireless LAN Connection’ and press ‘Next’.
- Now, check your printer is switched on, and the white power lamp is on as asked on the screen.
- If yes, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- The software will search for network connections for any printers that are already connected. Ensure your printer is available on the list, select it and click on ‘Next’.
- The Setup Guide Installation process will start.
- After the installation ends, click on ‘Next’.
- Go to the ‘Cableless setup’ option.
- On the next page, you need to hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the white power lamp blinks two times and release it. Then, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Check whether the blue Wi-Fi lamp is flashing quickly and the white power lamp is lit. If yes, then click the ‘Next’ button.
- A Setting Up dialogue box will appear on the screen and you need to wait till the printer connection is made to the access point. Now click on ‘Next’.
- You need to select a region and click on the ‘Next’ button on the next page.
- Then, select your language on the next page, and click on ‘Next’.
- On the next page, you will find a list of software to be installed. Select the one you wish to install and click on ‘Next’.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button to agree with the user license agreement.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- The software will start installing.
It will take some time to detect the printer. You may need to click on Re-detect several times.
- Once the cable less setup is completed, the screen will display the model of your printer and the name of your wireless network. Click on the ‘Complete’ button.
- To check if the printer is working correctly, click on the ‘Execute’ button to perform a test print; otherwise, skip the process by clicking on the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- If you want to register your printer now, click on ‘Next’. Else you can register the printer later with Quick Menu software and skip the process by clicking on the ‘Cancel’ button.
- You can click on the ‘Agree’ or ‘Do not agree’ button for the extended survey program.
- Click on the ‘Exit’ button to complete the installation.
If you want to reset your network setting back to factory default, follow the instructions:
Press and hold the ‘Resume/Cancel’ button until the white power lamp blinks 15 times, and then release the button. The network setting will be reset to your factory default settings.
Remember, on initialization, all network settings on your machine get erased. Therefore, no printing or scanning from a computer over the network is possible until you reconfigure the printer with a new network setting.