The printing performance of HP printers is exceptional and they are well-made. But occasionally, even a small piece of paper can make your printer malfunction. This post can assist you in repairing the damage if you are also experiencing the HP printer paper jam error that prevents you from printing documents. In the event that a paper jam occurs, your printer will stop printing. There are several approaches to problem solving.
Therefore, if you wish to continue working while utilizing HP printer support, adhere to the guidelines provided below to quickly resolve HP printer paper jam issues. Here are a few simple fixes that should help resolve the issue.
HP Printer Support: Common Causes of Paper Jam Errors:
Understanding the typical potential causes of the HP printer paper jam error is crucial before moving on to troubleshooting solutions. The most typical explanations are:
Overloading the paper tree: A printer with a set capacity to load sheets is included with the paper tray. Users may experience issues if they feel the printer tray too much.
Incorrect paper positioning: When paper is positioned incorrectly in the paper tray, the device may display an HP printer paper jam error message but not a paper jam. When the tray is properly positioned, your printing jobs come out of stock.
Incorrect paper: It has been observed that users frequently experience paper jam errors when using subpar printing paper or the incorrect size of paper. It is strongly advised that users of HP printers consult the printer manual to determine the appropriate paper type for printing documents.
Dust or Dirt: A paper jam error may also arise from failing to clean the HP printer of dust, dirt, or debris. Hence, you need to examine the device for dust or debris if there is a paper jam error but no paper is stuck.
How to Fix the HP Printer Paper Jam Error:
To resolve a paper jam in an HP printer, follow the detailed troubleshooting guidelines listed below, or you can ask for help from HP Printer Support:
Examine The Front Cover For Any Stuck Papers
To continue printing the documents, you must first remove the device cover. If you find any jammed paper fragments on it, you must carefully remove them from the device.
Inspect The Input Tray For Any Paper Jams
To fix the paper jam issue, you must inspect the input tray. The detailed instructions that you can adhere to are as follows:
- To turn the printer on, press the power button.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cord from the back while it’s on.
- Find the input tray for the printer, then carefully remove the paper.
- If you find any pieces of paper in the printer tray, remove them.
- Return your printer to its original location.
- After reattaching the power cord, switch on the HP printer.
- The documents are now prepared for printing.
Look For A Jammed Tray On The Output Tray
Resolve the paper jam issue with your HP printer so you can view the output. The actions you can take are as follows:
- Activate the HP device.
- Find the output tray for the printer.
- Extract the stuck paper from the apparatus.
- If the issue is resolved, try printing out the document; if not, move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Clean Rollers Feed
The most frequent explanation for paper jams in printers is a problem with the paper feed roller. The following are some recommendations for handling the situation:
- Disconnect the power cord and turn off the HP printer.
- Slide the input tray open.
- Find the gray paper pick rollers and give them a good cleaning.
- Wipe away any dirt or accumulated dust with a moist cloth.
- Make sure you drive them all the way through the printer before replacing the roller.
- Turn on the printer by reattaching the power cord. The steps to print the documents are all up to you.
Clean Print Rollers
You can resolve the HP printer paper jam issue on the device by cleaning the printer rollers. Follow the instructions below:
- Take everyone out of the input tray of the printer.
- Select “Settings” by clicking the down arrow.
- Press the “Ok” button.
- Select the “Tools” option by clicking the down arrow.
- Press the “OK” key.
- Select the option labeled “Clean paper feed.”
- Press the “OK” key.
- Hold off while the printer finishes cleaning.
- Print the first documents.
Clear The Back Paper Jam
Paper jam issues with HP printers in the input or output trays might not occur. There’s a possibility that the device’s back is to blame for any paper jam issues. Follow the instructions below to fix the issue:
Examine the “Access” tab that is located behind your printer’s back. Additionally, it is located on the printer panel.
- Nothing should be left behind.
- Adjust the panel to the proper position.
- Press the “Release” button to take the panels off.
- Examine it for paper jams and give it a cleaning.
- Reposition the module where it belonged.
- Remove the panel and the jammed paper by opening the module door.
- Put the module door closed.
Reset Your Printer
If none of the aforementioned fixes assists you in troubleshooting the issue. Resetting the printer to its factory settings is advised.
- Switch the HP printer on.
- Take off the power cord.
- Unplug the phone from the electrical socket.
- Give it a minute or longer to wait.
- Attach the power cord to the outlet using the plug.
- Reattach the printer repair’s power cord.
- To see if the issue has been fixed, turn on the printer.
These easy steps will assist you in troubleshooting the HP printer paper jam issue on the device. You won’t have any issues printing the documents after the issue has been fixed.
Even though the above steps are straightforward and will undoubtedly assist you in troubleshooting the issue, you still need to contact an expert by calling the HP printer support number if you are unable to resolve the issue on your own. When HP printer owners need assistance, the print experts are on hand around the clock to provide it.