Want to connect your Dell Printer to a Wireless Network? Follow the simple steps given below. This procedure will help you to connect Dell Printer to Wireless Network easily on your own. If you have a wireless Dell Printer, then you can easily connect your Dell printer to a wireless network to complete your work in a fast and efficient manner.
How to connect Dell Printer to Wireless Network?
- First of all, insert the installation CD that came with your Dell printer into your computer disk drive. Also, make sure that your computer is connected to a wireless network.
- Now connect your Dell Printer to the computer using the USB cable that came along with your printer.
- After connecting your Dell printer to your PC, go to your desktop and click on the start button and then click on All Programs.
- Now, click on Dell printers and then go to Dell Printer Home.
- Then, click on the Settings option and then click on the Wireless Setup Utility.
- Now, a list of available networks will be displayed on your screen.
- From the list of available networks, choose your wireless network and then click on the Continue option.
- In order to connect to your WiFi network, enter the correct network key (password) and then click on Connect button.
- Now a dialog box will be displayed on your computer’s screen with the message ‘if you want to allow Dell software to access your network’. You have to just click on the Continue option and then click on the next.
- Now unplug the USB cable when you are asked to do so.
- Finally, your Dell Printer will be successfully connected to a wireless network and you can print wirelessly on your Dell printer.
Method 2: The Wireless setup utility method mentioned here is a part of the support applications for your Dell printer and also it is the best option to connect your Dell Printer to your wireless network.
- Firstly, connect your Dell printer and computer via USB cable.
- Now in the search bar, type Wireless Setup Utility and click on the Enter button.
- Click on the Wireless Setup Utility and follow the prompts displayed on your monitor.
- Now your Dell printer searches for nearby wireless networks and displays them.
- From the displayed Networks list, click on the network name that you want to connect with your printer and then click on the continue option.
- Now Enter the Network Key and press the Enter key.
- ‘Allow Dell Software’ dialog box appears. Now click OK or Continue option.
- Now remove the USB cable between the printer and computer when it is asked.
- Finally, the Dell Printer is set up on the wireless network now.
- The Same process will be applicable for Windows 8, 8.1, and 7 for connecting a Dell Printer to a Wireless Network.