With some of the best specifications and technologies user in the Laserjet series of HP, it is obvious that you would encounter certain errors. When 25 people are sharing the device over a network and start working at the same time, there is a possibility of error 52.0, that is about the incorrect scanner speed. Here is when the question arises how to fix HP Laserjet P1005 Scanner Error 52.0.
Some of the basic guidelines to follow when your printer is not working properly are:
- Check the power supply.
- Uninstall the existing printer driver and reinstall the latest version while keeping the power cable detached from the printer. During installation, the system prompts to reconnect the cable.
- Connect the USB cable while the printer is on, and remove ink cartridges. Wait for about 10 seconds and then detach the power cable from the Printer as well as the wall socket. After 1 minute reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer. Reinstall the ink cartridges followed by USB cable connection.
- When neither of the steps works. Go to Setup and select Tools. Then click on Restore Factory Defaults. Turn down the printer and restart it.
In this article, we will study more about how to fix HP Laserjet P1005 Scanner Error 52.0. This error code refers to the incorrect scanner speed. While we try to print a page, a message with the error code pops up.
- First, check your power connection. Your printer must be plugged directly to a wall socket and not through any Surge protector.
- Try to print a configuration page.
- From the control panel, select menus
- Navigate to the Reports menu and press Enter.
- Navigate to the Config report item and hit Enter.
- You need to update the firmware if the version is not up to date. This is available on the product support page.
- After entering the page, type printer model number, and press Go.
- Next, you need to select your operating system, where a list of drivers is available.
- Download the latest version and follow all the instructions for correct installation.
- After complete installation, turn off your computer, wait for thirty seconds, and then turn it on.
To fix HP Laserjet P1005 Scanner Error 52.0, not only the scanner is needed to be checked but also the supporting circuits and the power supply. It is always recommended to take assistance from an experienced engineer. When the scanner is not working properly, the device undergoes some major hardware changes. To prevent any kind of damages consult with experts.