How to fix HP DeskJet 5150 Printer Door Open Error is something that you may be grappling with in recent times. The reason behind this issue may be the fact that the cover switch has not been pushed in completely. There is a triangular small protrusion positioned on the right edge (underside) of the top cover in case the cover has been closed. At times, the cover right edge will not position suitably although the cover has been closed fully. The triangular protrusion may sometimes press down on the switch.
HP DeskJet 5150 Printer Door Open Error :
To check whether this takes place and to tackle the question of how to fix HP DeskJet 5150 Printer Door Open Error, you have to dispatch a print job to the device while waiting for the appearance of the top cover is open problem. You should then open the door of the top cover and find the cover switch. This is a small black button positioned in a rectangular hole on the doorway right edge in proximity to the cartridges of ink. Take a car key/pen, using the same to push the switch for the cover downwards. The power button may blink, indicating that the print job is being executed. If the actual printing commences, you should know that the issue lies with the cover switch.
You may only close the cover and ensure that it is seated completely by pressing down neatly on the right cover edge. You will hear a click in most cases. If that happens, then the problem will go away on its own.
Here are a few steps that you must follow in order to address the how to fix HP DeskJet 5150 Printer Door Open Error
- Fully close the cartridge access door- Open the access door and then safely close it, ensuring that the door is resting on the body. Then check the printer Control Panel for ascertaining whether the message still comes up.
- If the message does not come up, this indicates that the error is solved. However, if the message still keeps coming, then check whether there are any obstructions for the cartridge door.
- Check the door and surrounding area for ensuring that obstructions are not present anywhere, hindering proper closure of the door. Get this removed and then close the access door once again, finding an error message within the control panel itself.
- If the problem is still not fixed, you can reset the printer.
- This can be done by removal of the cord from the rear of the printer when it is turned on and by unplugging completely from the socket on the wall.
- Wait for a minute or two and then plug the cord back on and turn the device on again.
- Wait for the device to fall silent and start idling and thereafter, check whether the problem has been fixed or not.