Once you have added a network or USB printer to your PC or Mac, you can start sending the documents to print. However, sometimes a print command will cause an error in the printer and you will be sent offline which will prevent future document from being printed. To solve this problem, you will have to change the Canon printer from offline to online.
You will need:
- Network or USB printer
Steps to follow to know How to change canon printer from offline to online
Check physical connections
First of all, you need to check out all the available cable connections between the canon as well as Mac printer, although it depends on the method through which you have to connect your printer to the Mac.
Also, confirm that no cables are loose. Otherwise, your system will not be identified by your printer, and therefore, you will not be able to print anything.
Instructions for PC
- Click on the Start menu and click on the “Printers and Faxes” icon.
- Double-click on the icon of canon printer you want to change to online. A pop-up window will open where all the current print jobs queued by the printer are detailed.
- Go to the printer option available in the pop-up menu bar and unchecked the option “Use printer without a connection.” This action will move the printer from its offline mode to online.
Instructions for Mac
- Open System Preferences, click on the icon in the Dock.
- Go to the print and fax control panel in the Hardware category.
- Select the printer you want to select from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click on the “Open queue” button.
- Click on “Resume from printer” present at the top of the queue window to change canon printer from offline to online.
Alternate steps to change canon printers from offline to online:
- Update printer drivers: Printer Drivers are software responsible for maintaining the functionality of your printer device, which also includes connectivity. If the offline problem is very often, then be sure to check your drivers. Update it with the latest version available.
- Increase the sleep time: In the configuration panel of your printer, search the idle mode and see if the set duration is low. If so, extend the 60 minutes to ensure that the printer does not often go in sleep mode.
Hopefully, these steps helped you solve the problem with the connectivity of your Canon printer. Please come back with your questions and problems, and I would be happy to answer.
The reason why your printer is offline:
- Your printer is not set by default, and therefore you should alert your devices.
- Suspension/break period is very small, and that is why the printer remains inactive for a short period of time, it is disconnected.
If all these steps fail to work for you, then publish your query on the Canon Support Forum and get the best ‘Canon Printer From Offline to Online’ customer service directly from Canon’s technical support team.