If you’ve encountered the issue of your Canon printer going offline and preventing future document printing, don’t worry; there are steps you can take to resolve this problem. Follow the instructions below to bring your Canon printer back online:
Note: These instructions are applicable for both PC and Mac users.
Bring Your Canon Printer Back Online, Follow These Steps
Step 1: Check Physical Connections
Ensure all cable connections between your Canon printer and your computer (PC or Mac) are secure. Loose or faulty cables can lead to communication issues between the devices, causing the printer to go offline.
Step 2: For PC Users
- Click on the Start menu and then select “Printers and Faxes.”
- Locate the Canon printer you want to bring online, then double-click on its icon. A pop-up window will appear, displaying the current print jobs in the queue.
- In the pop-up menu bar, go to the printer option and uncheck the box labeled “Use printer offline.” This action will switch the printer from offline mode to online.
Step 3: For Mac Users
- Open “System Preferences” by clicking on the icon in the Dock.
- In the “Hardware” category, find and select “Print and Fax” control panel.
- From the list on the left side of the screen, choose the Canon printer you want to work with and click on the “Open queue” button.
- Click on the “Resume” button located at the top of the queue window to bring the Canon printer back online.
Alternate steps to change canon printers from offline to online:
- Update Printer Drivers: Ensure your printer drivers are up to date. These drivers are essential for maintaining printer functionality and connectivity. If the offline problem persists, check for and install the latest printer driver version available.
- Adjust Sleep Time: Access your printer’s configuration panel and look for the idle mode settings. If the sleep time is set too low, increase it to prevent the printer from frequently going into sleep mode, which may cause it to go offline.
If you’ve followed these steps and the issue persists, consider seeking further assistance from the Canon Support Forum, where you can receive dedicated customer service from Canon’s technical support team.
The reason why your printer is offline:
- Your printer is not set as the default printer on your computer, leading to connection issues.
- The printer’s suspension or idle period is too short, causing it to disconnect after a brief period of inactivity.
Remember, if you encounter any difficulties or have additional questions, if you have any further inquiries or require reliable and immediate support, don’t hesitate to call +1-929-227-3478 to our dedicated support team for expert assistance.