Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Discover the comparative ranking of the best printers for Mac. Find out what printer goes with mac. This article primarily deals with which printer you should choose to print from Mac.
Which Printer Is Compatible With Mac?
There are two primary kinds in printers: inkjet or laser. They are colour or monochrome. Laser printers cost more than inkjets. On the other hand, they offer higher quality prints, especially for printing text. In general, they are also faster.
The choice between inkjet or laser printer depends on the type of documents to be printed:
- If you print black and white text documents, a mono laser printer will be best for you. The print speed is faster, and the cost of printing is lower.
- If you want to print colour documents with photos, we recommend that you choose an inkjet printer.
- If you are looking to print good quality photos, a dedicated photo printer with individual cartridges for each and every colour is more appropriate than a combined colour
In any case, it is important to remember that the purchase of a printer is not limited to the device itself. The cost also depends on the price of ink cartridges and other consumables over the life of the printer. In many cases, the cartridges can cost almost the same price as the printer itself.
Most modern printers are multifunctional or “all-in-one” with a scanner in addition to the printing feature. With a printer, you can scan photos and documents and convert them into digital files ready to be shared or printed.
It is advisable to choose a printer with Wi-Fi that can print from multiple devices, including from an iPhone or iPad. This avoids cluttering with cables.
Other selection criteria are memory card slots, USB ports, high capacity paper trays, print speed and the ability to print on either side of a paper. Ease of use is also a factor to consider.
Here is the comparative ranking of the best printers compatible with mac:
1. HP DeskJet 1112 Compact Printer (F5S23A)
- Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- Print speed: 8.5 ppm black, 6 ppm colour.
- Recommended monthly volume: 100 – 250 pages.
- Price: About 30$.
The HP Deskjet 1112 is a small multifunctional inkjet printer that does not cost much. It can print from a smartphone or tablet because it is compatible with Apple AirPrint (iPad or iPhone), but also HP ePrint and Wi-Fi Direct.
2. HP Envy 5640 Colour Multifunctional Printer
- Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- Print speed: 12 ppm black, 8 ppm colour.
- Recommended monthly volume: 300 – 400 pages.
- Price: About 195$.
The HP Envy 5642 is a good quality inkjet printer for mac. It supports printing from most smartphones and tablets that run on iOS and other operating systems like Android, BlackBerry, Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 10 Mobile.
How To Choose What Printer Goes With Mac?
In terms of price, a Mac compatible printer can cost less than 200$. An iPad or Mac printer is not very expensive, but manufacturers are catching up on consumables. Personal inkjet printers can become a money pit because of the ink cartridges.
It is therefore essential to purchase the correct printer model. A multifunction printer is both a colour printer, but also a scanner, a photocopier and a fax machine. It is either inkjet or laser.
The use of this kind of printer is primarily for the office. It’s convenient if you work at home or have children at school. A printer dedicated to photos makes it possible to print quality photos.
There are many models of AirPrint printers compatible with Mac, iPad or iPhone. To help you choose, we have selected the best in each category: the cheapest printer, the best multifunction printer, the best colour printer, the best office printer.