Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
When it comes to learning about how to fix troubleshooting error code 491, there are more than a few steps that you should be following. This Google Play Error Code 491 is commoner than you think and seemingly comes out of nowhere! Although there are mostly no specific reasons behind such errors, there could be a few compelling reasons including data corruption via Google Play applications, any issues with the Google account for signing in and also incompatibility of settings with the Google Play application on the device.
Solutions for troubleshooting error code 491
Here are some of the key solutions that you should keep in mind when it comes to fixing the error code.
- You can consider restarting your Android device which could be your tablet or smartphone. Long press the device’s power button and in many situations, this error will not crop up anymore once your device restarts.
- You should also consider clearing the caches and information on Google Play. Visit Settings and then Apps/Applications prior to going down to Google Play Service and Google Play Store. Thereafter, choose this option and the Clear Data and Clear Cache options. Also clear data/cache for the Google Service Framework in case this is installed in your device.
- Simply uninstall updates for your Google Play applications to fix the problem. You can go to Settings-Apps-Google Play Store-Uninstall Updates for this purpose. The device can then be restarted for the changes to be implemented.
- Delete your Google account if it is the one causing this problem. Remove this account from the device and restart the same. Thereafter, login to the same account once again and you may be able to easily install and update games or applications in the Google Play Store. You can find the Remove Account option by choosing your Google Account through Settings-Accounts.
- You may also try resetting your app based preferences. You can go to Settings-App/Applications. Thereafter, choose the three-dot symbol and select Reset App Preferences. Choose Reset Apps. This method will not clean out any of the information on your device so you need not worry.
- In case you have setup the port/proxy for APN, deleting the same may help you combat the error code 491. You should go to Settings-Network Connection-More Networks-Mobile Networks and then click on the Access Point names. See if proxy/port has been set for these access points. In case they have, you can delete the APN.
- You can also consider downloading APK via Settings-Security and toggle the Unknown Source button. This will help the device easily install applications which are usually downloaded outside of the Play Store. You can then simply download Google Play Store APK online and then get the app installed onto your device.
- Factory resetting is also a viable option. This option will enable resetting of all settings and data present on your device and a backup has to be made prior to doing this reset. You can go to Settings-Backup & Reset and then choose the Factory Data Reset option.
These are the steps to be followed if you are thinking about how to fix troubleshooting error code 491.