Are you facing problems in installing your printer ? Lost that installation CD (compact disc) that came with your printer? No worries. We can help you install a printer on your personal computer without using a compact disc.
10 Simple Steps To Setup A Printer On Your PC Without Using A CD
Before we start with the nuts and bolts, the key component that you will require for printer installation is the USB cable. A USB cable usually comes with your printer, so keep it ready for Setup A Printer On Your PC Without Using A CD.
- Connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable and then turn on the device.
- The operating system (Windows) installed on your computer will first detect the printer, and then retrieve and install the software automatically for you. Ensure that the Internet connection is working.
- Navigate to the manufacturer’s website and click on “Downloads.” Go to Printers section and search for the printer software by typing the model number of the printer in the search box. On some manufacturer websites, you may find an option for “Drivers and Software.” In the search bar, enter the printer’s model number and click on Search. You can find or look for the model number on the front panel of your printer.
- Once you locate the printer driver, click on the Download button. Select the operating system installed on your PC (for example, Windows 8), and complete the installation process by fulfilling the language and other requirements.
- While following the installation steps, you will get a window to check the option to review and accept a license agreement to download the printer driver or software.
- Now, click the “Download” button to save the file to your computer.
- Select whether you are using a wired or wireless connection and then click “Next” to install the drivers. When the installation process is completed, use the Finish option.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on the driver’s or software’s file name to continue installation of the printer. In case, it is a zip folder, right click on the Printer setup folder and click on ‘Extract’ to unzip the installation files in a new folder. Drivers / Software Setup files usually get stored as zip files in the downloads folder or on the desktop of your PC.
- You will now see a folder with a list of files; double-click the “Setup” file. Follow the instructions, and when the program prompts you, connect the printer to the computer.
- Lastly, press the “Finish” button to complete your installation. Close the installation window and restart your computer if required.