When you connect your PC/device with a printer or add a new printer to your home network area, you can generally start printing right away, and it sounds easy, compact and very efficient. Generally, all windows support most printers, and you probably don’t always have to go out of the way of your usual routine to install special printer software or install its drivers for adding the printer. But even a small error while installing the printer can lead to a big blunder which may come to haunt you when you are on a deadline for work. how to fix hp printer problems In Windows 10, To omit you from making such errors unintentionally here is a guide on how to install wireless printers:
To Install A Printer :
In most of the cases generally, all you have to do to install a printer is generally connect the USB cable of the printer to the USB port available on your PC. Once the connection is made turn your printer on and follows the following steps:
- On the right edge of the screen, tap on Settings, and then tap on ”Change PC settings”. (If you’re using a trackpad or a mouse, on the lower-right corner of the screen, when you swipe the mouse pointer up, you will find Settings. Click on Change PC settings here)
- Go to PC and devices, and then tap or click on Devices. If your printer has been installed correctly, it should appear under Printers.
- If your printer isn’t listed, tap or click Add a device and then select your printer to install it.
Faced HP Printer Problems In Windows 10, 8, 7 and Troubleshooting :
- Make sure that your printer is plugged to an electric source, i.e., the printer’s electrical cord is plugged into an electric outlet, and the power switch is turned on at the source.
- If you are printing on a network or to a shared printer, make sure that all the routers and the necessary devices are turned ON so that you don’t face any hassle while printing.
- In a case of a wired printer, check the printer cable coming from the printer USB port is properly connected to your PC/device USB port.
- In the case of wireless printers since there are no wires, check the wireless connection made and make sure that the printer’s wireless option is turned on and available. Also, run the printer’s wireless connectivity test.
If after all the precautions and procedures you still find some error or fault, use a troubleshooter.
The best answer to, “How to Fix hp printer problems in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1” is USING A TROUBLESHOOTER. A troubleshooter is an automated self-functioning tool which helps you to find and automatically fix some of the problems faced by your PC. The printing troubleshooter does the exact same function but instead working on your PC/device operating system, it works on your problems related to installing, connecting to the printer and fix them.