Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Ricoh’s has been contributing exceptional printers to individuals and businesses alike. However, often these printers are affected by specific unknown/known errors which do hamper their functioning. A prevalent error amongst the Ricoh Printer Authentication Error Occurred.’ Such an error pops up if there is some issue with your credentials which you have given, for example, the e-mail address or password. It can likewise be the case that the credentials saved on the printer are most likely obsolete, generally, considering that the account made use of has had a password modification. The error message is going to show up on the control panel when there is an issue scanning or printing files with the help of the document feeder.
Steps to fix Authentication Error
Fortunately, there are a plethora of solutions to quick-fix the issue. Here is a step by step guide to troubleshooting the error!
Solution 1: Confirm your user login credentials
- Ensure that the username and password you have provided is appropriate and exists.
- Examine that your username, as well as your password for the destination folder, are precise.
- A password with at least 128 (more preferred) characters length should be entered as they cannot be identified.
Solution 2: Get in touch with the administrator
- Get in touch with your administrator and then request for a correct username and password information
Solution 3: Use the following process to register a user’s authentication information in the printer driver.
- On the ‘Start’ menu, click ‘Control Panel,’ and then click ‘Printers and Faxes’ in the ‘Printers and Other Hardware’ category. Now the ‘Printers and Faxes’ window appears.
- Select the icon for this printer, and now click on ‘Properties’ in the ‘File’ menu. The printer properties dialog box shall appear.
- Select the ‘Device Settings’ tab, and then click on ‘Settings’ in the ‘Accessories’
- Select the ‘Advanced Options’ menu list.
- Choose ‘Confirm authentication information when printing.’ To encrypt the password also, select ‘Encrypt’ and enter the driver encryption key.
- Choose ‘OK’
- If the ‘Confirm Driver Encryption Key’ dialog box appears, then re-enter the same encryption key then click ‘OK.’ The printer properties dialog box will reappear.
- Click on the ‘General’ tab, and then select the ‘Printing Preferences.’ The ‘Printing Preferences’ dialog box will appear.
- Select ‘Properties.’ The printing preferences properties dialog box will appear.
- Now select ‘Job Options’ in the menu list.
- Enter the username and the password in boxes in the ‘User Authentication’ area, and then click on ‘OK.’ If user code authentication is enabled then enter a user code containing up to eight digits in the ‘User Authentication’
- A login password is not necessary if user code authentication is enabled.
- Re-enter the same password, and then select ‘OK.’
- Finally, click “ok” twice
Now you know How To Fix Ricoh Printer Authentication Error Occurred. In case the problem persists, contact the manufacturer’s toll-free number, and they will tackle the issue accordingly.