Are you facing the error called 60.02 and are clueless regarding what to do? Here are some simple techniques which you can use to rectify this error.
Causes of HP printer error 60.02 :
This error happens when the tray of the printer is unable to lift, and the paper sensor has not been put into action in the required amount of time. The indication is the loud crunching or cracking sound and followed by this error message.
If you loaded the paper incorrectly then be prepared to face this error because when you inserted the paper, there is a possibility that the bottom-most sheet got folded up between the front side of the tray and the paper got inserted into the tray. This will lead to the binding of the tray when it lifts up the paper and thus your HP Printer Error 60.02.
Now that we know the causes, it’s time to know how to fix HP printer error 60.02 :
- The first step is to take out the sheets you have inserted and re-insert the tray. Now, if the printer lifts and displays the message that it is out of paper, then confirm whether the back paper is correctly aligned or not. Once you correct the alignment, insert the paper again and try again. This should solve your problem but if the error persists, then remove the right side cover of the printer and take a good look at the paper tray lift motor.
- If you observe carefully, you would be able to see the spring that is attached to a portion of a metal frame right on top of the motor. The chances are, the spring has broken down which in turn led to the error 60.02 because of the malfunctioning of the motor assembly and thus malfunctioning of the gear located on the tray. Remove the spring, fold one of the coils present and try to re-insert the same.
- In case, the spring is attached, then try a new tray or a lift motor both of which are easily available in the market at an affordable price.
- Check the position of the printer if you are still getting these messages because there is a possibility that your printer is placed on an uneven surface and therefore, the tray is unable to lift correctly.
- You can insert a small spacer to the right side of the paper tray so that the tray can properly fit in the printer and thus you can avoid all that noise and fix the HP printer error Code.
Well, if all these measures fail, then there is the only solution left for you, and that is contacting the customer care. HP has an excellent team of highly qualified professionals who will thoroughly diagnose your problem and then provide you with the necessary service. They have multiple phone lines, and also they respond to your email query quite quickly so you won’t have to worry about that.