Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Generally, the most valuable asset connected to a PC/device is a printer, which converts your analogical soft input to hard output on paper. What is the use if your printer is not printing due to some error displayed on the control panel of the printer?
A printer which is generally not printing documents will give an EIO 2 error with CODE 82.0180 error. It will not print any documents and not work. The steps to resolve them are as follows:
- Remove the Jet Direct Card and re-install it in the secondary Bay
- Replace the Jet Direct Card with a new one
- Reset Printer Settings
How to Identify the Error
When nothing seems to do the trick in printing your documents and the error is displayed on the control panel. The computer simply acts and normally works as if the printing the document was a success, however, the printer actually never got the command and got to it. Every time you give the command of printing, it will show that data has been received but however will never print it, although the printer is on the domain network and is accessible to all the computers and from all the computers present on the network.
Generally, these types of issues are persisted in HP LASERJET P2055Dn type of printers where the Jet Direct Card gets faulty way more often than usual.
REST THE JET DIRECT CARD: Resetting of the Direct Jet card can also help in resolving the error which is generally a commanding operating system error. Steps for resetting the Direct Jet card are:
- Go ahead and hold the test button for about five seconds and not less than that.
- To cold reset, an HP direct card print server which is comparatively an easy way, unplug the power cord from the HP jet direct print server and then hold down the test button for no more than 30 seconds while plugging in the wireless power cord.
To configure a TCP/IP address, several methods are described below. Briefly, these include :
- Making use of a printer or plotter’s control panel
- Enlsiting help of a Web browser to access the embedded Web server on the HP Jetdirect print server
- Telnet usage on a computer
- HP software usage such as the following:
- HP Web Jetadmin
- HP Jetdirect Printer Installer for UNIX
The Ip address can also be changed using the front panel of the HP Jetdirect device which may help you in both resolving the issue and settings your conditions right for the Jetdirect device.
Use search and search for the Front Control Panel TCP/IP Configuration so that once you are done with the resetting or the changing of the drive card you can go back to your default settings.
The above steps will help you learn How to Fix HP printer Error 82.0180 EIO 2.