HP desktops and laptops are one of the most popular PC products in the tech world these days. However one of the issues many HP users encounter is How to fix HP Error code 601? This particular error is an internal battery problem; it indicates that the storage capacity of the PC battery is extremely low and should be replaced. All through the HP battery alert is a good feature, however, the warning message asks users to replace the PC battery when the battery condition is good or even if it is a newly purchased battery.
This article has solutions on how to fix the error code 601 and how to maintain your battery system.
There are a few methods that you can follow to fix the pertaining issue. These methods are going to provide an easy and simple way of battling the error and fixing things up that seem to be chaotic. Following are a few techniques that could help in solving the issue:
Technique 1: Re-insert the battery
It is the simplest way of fixing the problem, by removing the battery and inserting it again. Here’s how you can do this –
- Turn off your PC
- unplug your laptop from the power supply and remove your battery
- after removing the battery press and hold the power button down for at least 25 seconds
- Insert your battery back into your PC and plug in your power cord
- Now, turn on your laptop
After you turn on your laptop, you can check if the error message still occurs; if not proceed to the next fix.
Technique 2: Run Battery test
The battery test is a process in the system diagnostics that enables HP users to check the PC for battery performance to optimize the usage. Following are the ways to run battery test –
- turn off your HP computer
- Now turn on your PC and hit the ‘ESC’ key to open the ‘startup menu’
- In the ‘startup menu’ display hit the ‘F2’ key to launch the ‘battery test’ option
- Then follow the wizard to manage the computer’s battery
Technique 3: Run PC without battery
Here’s another step to provide a solution to the question ‘How to fix HP error code 601‘, to run your PC without the battery. Here’s how to do this-
- Firstly, shut down the PC
- Unplug the laptop from the power supply and remove your battery
- After removing the battery, press and hold power button for 20 seconds
- Then, plug in the power cord into your PC without the battery
- Finally, boot your PC and check if the problem persists
Technique 4: Replace the battery
After the third method, now you can consider replacing your laptop’s battery because the battery life may have decreased over time due to certain reasons. You can purchase a genuine HP battery from certified retailers and reputable stores near you that supply my computer parts. It is necessary to ensure that the battery is brand new and is not foiled. This is going to prevent the usage of a damaged battery that may affect your PC performance. Any of the techniques mentioned above can be used to solve HP error code 601. If nothing seems to work and the error code keeps appearing it is always advised to call for an expert, whenever a need arises.