Troubleshooting Tips on How to fix 900 Firmware Error on Lexmark Printers
Printers have been like a blessing for professional and home-based users. With the invention of multi-function printers, it is considered the most useful device, after computers. There are a variety of brands available in the market and among the most popular brands stands Lexmark with its printers especially for their versatile quality printing.
Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Have you ever used Lexmark printers? Have you been using its printers for years? Have you ever faced ‘900 firmware error’ on your Lexmark printer? This is a common communication error that occurs on Lexmark printers when printer is receiving information from computer but is unable to print or perform other functions. In such a case, it is advisable to first contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and get the network connection checked. If the internet connection is working fine, then there is a possibility of a printer hardware problem 900 firmware error lexmark printer.
Let’s troubleshoot the issue, and check if it can be resolved easily on home or office. Read on to find out how to fix 900 firmware error on Lexmark printers
Update your printer’s firmware level
If the firmware code level on the Lexmark printer is outdated; it may not support the code loaded on the scanner communications card. You need to make sure that the printer’s firmware is at P128 level.
- Go to Menu button on printer display.
- Click on Reports.
- Now press Menu Settings Page to start printing.
- Under Device Information, search for firmware level information next to the Base.
- If the code level is below P128, proceed with the next steps.
- If the code level is P128 and above, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for advanced technical support.
Cross-check using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Connect the printer to the internet network using Ethernet cable.
- Launch Internet Explorer or open Google Chrome.
- Type the IP address of printer into the address field of browser.
- Click on Reports.
- Further, click on Device Information and recheck if the firmware of printer is at P128 level.
Download and Update the latest firmware code
- Visit Lexmark Help website – support.lexmark.com.
- On the left-hand side, click on Support & Downloads link.
- In the Search box, type your printer model, for example, Lexmark T652 or T652.
- Click on Downloads tab and check for the latest firmware version.
- If the new version exists, click on Download button and save the file on your PC desktop.
- Click on downloaded file, follow the instructions and install the updated printer firmware.
- Once the installation completes, restart the PC
If the error is still coming up, it is recommended to contact Lexmark Technical Support for expert assistance. Keep your printer’s model type and serial number (SN) handy when calling the technical support team of Lexmark printers.