You can connect Lexmark Printer to your Computer easily by following the simple steps given below.
Method 1: Connecting Lexmark Printer to Computer with CD
- Firstly, insert the installation CD in your computer’s disk drive.
- If the Windows AutoPlay dialog box appears, click on Setup.exe for the installation of the CD.
Note: If the AutoPlay is not turned ON, then you have to start the installation by clicking the start button -> My Computer-> DVD drive showing Lexmark.
- Now, install setup file will appear on your monitor.
- Read the instructions and click on the Install option.
- If you would like to change your target installation directory, just choose Extract and Install it.
- After successful installation, browse to make your adjustments.
- When a User Account Control panel screen appears, click on the Continue option.
Note: The Administrator control rights are required for successful installation.
- Now, select Install option and mark in the checkbox of the Agree to accept the License Agreement, and then click on the Continue option. After that, click on the Continue option for the Security Notification.
- Choose the software that you have to install, and then click on the Continue option.
- Now, click on No Thanks option and your printer software will start installing.
- Now connect your Lexmark printer to a wireless network.
- Connect the USB cable between PC and printer, and click Continue.
- The additional notifications will appear after you connect the USB cable. Just click on Cancel or close options.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and add your Lexmark printer to your computer.
Method 2: Connecting Lexmark printer to your computer without CD
- Firstly, Connect your computer and Lexmark printer to the same wireless network.
- Now click on the ‘Start’ button and then go to the control panel and adjust the computer settings. Select ‘Add a new Device’ in the Hardware category. Make sure that your Lexmark printer is ON and discoverable mode.
- Now it takes some time to detect for devices and finally detects the Lexmark Printer and displays on your screen.
- Click on your printer name.
- Now click on the proceed option to install your printer driver as per given instructions. After successful installation, restart your computer to make changes to both your computer and printer.
- If you don’t have the CD, then go to Lexmark official website and search for your device name with the model number and then go to the downloads link section. Here you can get all your Lexmark printer related drivers with the latest updates available. Download these files and install it and you are ready to use the device.
Hopefully, these Two Methods will help you with your query on how to connect Lexmark Printer to computer with or without CD.