Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
If your Epson printer shows you a warning message “Printer Maintenance Required” and you know that it is working fine, you can reset the printer to get rid of that message. There are three different methods to reset the printer to factory settings. To provide detailed information on how to reset Epson printer to factory settings, we will discuss all the three methods here.
Method 1: Using the Control Panel of the Printer
To factory reset the printer using this method, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Home menu on the Control Panel of the printer by pressing the Home button.
- Use the left and right navigation buttons to open the Setup menu. Then, press the OK button.
- Use the left and right navigation buttons to find the Restore Default Settings option and press the OK button.
- Similarly, use the up and down navigation buttons to find the Restore Network Settings and press the OK button.
- Restart your printer.
Now, you have successfully reset the printer to its factory settings.
Method 2: Using the Reset Button
All the models of Epson printers have a factory reset button at the back of the body of the printer which can be used to reset the printer to factory settings. The steps to factory reset the printer by this method are:
- Turn off the printer using the Power button.
- Use a pin to press and hold the Reset button at the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer but keep the Reset button pressed for at least 5 seconds.
- Release the Reset button after a warning page is printed. After a few seconds, another page with the default IP address of the printer will be printed.
- Use this IP address to reconfigure the printer to the computer system.
This method takes less than a minute to factory reset the printer and is used often.
Method 3: Using the Epson Adjustment Program
This method is useful when the buttons of the printer are not in a working condition. To reset the printer using this method requires a little more time, but this method is very easy to follow. The steps to be followed to Reset Epson Printer to Factory Settings using this method are:
- Download and install the latest version of Epson Adjustment Program on your computer system.
- Open the Epson Adjustment Program on your computer system.
- Click on the Select option to make the necessary selections.
- In the Select menu, select the model number of your printer and the port in which the printer is connected to the computer system.
- Click on the OK button.
- The Adjustment and Maintenance window will be opened. Select the Waste Ink Pad Counter option under the Maintenance section.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, check the Main Ink Pad Counter option and click on the initialize button given at the bottom right corner.
- Click on the Finish button to finish the reset process.
- Restart the printer for the settings to take effect.
You have now successfully finished the factory reset process of your printer.