How to Fix Ricoh Printer Error Code SC 899
Ricoh is one of the most popular manufacturers of advanced printers and scanners in the world. Despite the latest technology, there are times that its printers often send out error messages with particular codes while getting the printing job done. One of the commonly occurring codes that most Ricoh users have often come across is SC 899. This particular error code is shown when the computer is getting the printing job done with the help of the specific version of internet explorer or adobe reader browser plug-in. But do not worry if you too have experienced this situation. We have got the answer to ‘how to fix Ricoh printer error code SC 899?” and trust us it is a piece of cake. So let us go through this article and get all your answers to crack the Ricoh printer error code. Here we go:
Solution # 1 Disconnect the Ricoh Printer Network Cable
- So this will be your first step of the solution no. 1. Disconnect the Ricoh printer network cable.
- The next step would now be to enter the service mode.
- You will be required to press the buttons in order as given after [Reset], then , then , then , followed by [clear].
- Long press the [clear] button. SP menu will appear.
- You will now have to press ‘the system SP’ button.
- Go to the new menu where you will have to expand the portion labelled as SP 5XXX.
- Scroll down the pages until you see 5801—Memory Clear. Expand this label now.
- You should now click submenu 8 titled ‘Printer Application’.
- Click on Execute button on the right.
- It will clear Ricoh printer’s memory.
- The printer will now give you command to power off and finish the process.
- Your next step now would be to restart the computer.
- You will see the error code is now gone finally.
- To confirm, you can give a print command again.
- The problem must resolve. If not then check out the solution # 2 below
Solution # 2 Restart your printer
We have done it many times with our cell phones and other devices when they stop working. Restarting your device is a good idea to get rid of just any problem. We will apply the same basic solution to Ricoh printer as well. And trust me it works in many cases.
- Turn off your printer.
- Unplug from all the outlets completely.
- Unplug your printer from your computer system also.
- Plug-in again.
- And restart your printer machine once again.
You will now see that that printer machine is no longer showing the same error code. The error has been resolved without any problem.
The aforementioned solutions to how to fix Ricoh printer error code SC 899 are quite easy, simple, and yet easy ways to keep your business’s lifeline always working effectively.