Bought a new HP LaserJet Printer? Getting HP Printer Error Code 79? Read this article to know the best possible ways to permanently get rid of the message and find out how to fix error 79 on your HP LaserJet Printer.
Simple Steps on How to Fix HP Printer Error Code 79
HP Printer Error Code 79 is the most common error that appears on the display of new HP printers. The root cause of the problem is malformed PostScript documents or corrupted print jobs. Before we start with the troubleshooting process, make sure you own the admin account on your PC and have a stable internet connection.
Let’s follow the below steps on how to fix HP Printer Error Code 79:
- Remove all the cables from the printer. Wait for 5 seconds. Now connect the power cable only and check for the error message.
- Unplug the power cord and plug in the printer to another power outlet. Now, check if you are still receiving the error message. However, while testing the device, please avoid usage of any power strips, surge protectors, etc.
- Switch off the printer by locating the power button or on/off switch on the bottom of the printer. Hold the power button and wait for 15 seconds. Now, turn on the printer and try printing a document.
- If the problem persists and you are still getting the same error message, it indicates a problem with the print job. It is advisable to divide the printing document into smaller chunks before printing it.
- Check the cartridge in the printer and make sure that the toner cartridge is not empty to avoid hassles.
- You can try deleting the Printer Driver from the computer and reinstalling the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
If you are still receiving HP Printer Error Code 79 after following the above basic steps, let’s try these advanced methods:
- Switch off the HP LaserJet printer. Look out for the pending print jobs from all the computers that are connected to your network printer and cancel them. In the domain network, open the ‘See What’s Printing’ box and check the owner of each print job. Log in to each of the owners’ accounts and remove their pending print jobs from the domain network. Now, uninstall the HP LaserJet printer and add back the printer from the list of “Devices and Printers”.