Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
If you have an HP printer wherein you are encountering the B0605 error, then you must know how to fix the issue. Mostly HP printers work efficiently and are brilliant devices that are used both in offices and homes. However, just like any machine, it tends to show errors. If you are facing a B0605 error printer, then either you can troubleshoot the same by yourself, or you can reach on the Customer Care number to talk with the experts. If you are planning to troubleshoot the problem, then this blog is meant for you.
Reason for the error-
The specific reason due to which the error flashes is because the firmware gets crashed or because of the incapability of the booting process in the ready state. Below is enlisted the method that will help in solving the issue. It is important that the troubleshoot is done carefully. Mentioned under two method. One is when the printer software driver is already on the PC and another when it is not found on the PC. You can select the type as per your requirement.
Placing printer in boot mode-
This method works when the printer software driver is already installed on the PC. Steps to be undertaken under this type are-
- a) Placing printer in boot code mode- In this step, the printer is placed in the boot code mode. For this, the cancel and ok buttons are held down. For activating this mode, these buttons have to be held while the printer is switched on.
- b) Ensure connectivity- One needs to ensure that the printer is connected to PC along USB.
- c) Option selection- This is the last step of the method where the HP printer is selected from the drop-down list and send firmware button is clicked.
In this type, the printer software driver is not found on the PC. The steps under this type are-
- a) Push in the CD of printer installation
- b) Move to start, select settings and from options click Printers and faxes
- c) Select options to add a printer and then select next
- d) Check for any local printer connected to your computer, disallow automatic detection option and install the plug and play printer. Select the next button after following all steps.
- e) Choose file and select have disk button
- f) Browse to find the CD drive in which printer installation CD is inserted, click okay when found.
- g) Select printer installation CD and move to the next button.
- h) Specify the name of the printer, move to next
- i) Click no followed with next selecting finish button at last.
- j) Once done verify if the printer is listed in printer and Faxes window.
- k) On printer and faxes window, click properties that appear as you right click on the printer.
- l) Select ports tab and see USB sort
- m) Close new hardware found wizard as it appears.
If you find yourself unable to solve the issue by following either of the two solutions, it is recommended that an expert’s help is taken. But we are positive this should answer your query on How to Fix HP Printer Error b0605