Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
The HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106 mostly occurs in the HP PhotoSmart Printer. This error is mainly caused due to outdated cartridges. The HP Printer Error Code 0XC18A0106 states that the ink system has failed in your HP Printer. The HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106 also appears due to interruption while installing a new cartridge. To know how to Fix HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106, go through the solutions given below and apply them to your HP Printer.
Various Ways to Fix HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106
Solution 1: OFF and ON your HP Printer
- Switch off your HP Printer by simultaneously pressing the ‘OK’, ‘Cancel’, and ‘Color’ buttons.
- Wait for few seconds and again turn on your printer by pressing the ‘OK’, ‘Cancel’, and ‘Color’ buttons at once.
- Follow the above two steps for twice.
- Now, see if the error is displaying or not.
- If the HP Printer Error 0XC18A0106 is still appearing on your printer’s LCD screen, then go for solution 2.
Solution 2: Resetting your HP Printer
- Unplug all the USB cables of your printer and also remove the cartridges without turning off the printer.
- Now, wait for the ‘Insert Cartridges’ message to display on the printer’s LCD screen.
- Now, unplug the power cable of the printer and wait for few seconds.
- After few seconds, plug back the power cable to the printer and turn on your printer by pressing the power button. Press the power button only if the printer doesn’t turn ON automatically.
- Now, reinsert the cartridges in the printer and close the all access doors that are opened.
- If you get a message to print a calibration page, then do the process.
- Now, plug back all the USB cables to your printer and start the printing process.
- If still the error appears, then perform solution 3.
Solution 3: Try the ink initializing process
- First of all, access the Support Menu by pressing and holding the ‘*’ and ‘#’ keys at a time and releasing both keys. The message ‘Enter Special Key Combo’ must appear on display. If it appears, press and release the 1, 2, and 3 keys in the sequence. Now, the display must show ‘Support’.
- In the ‘Support’ menu, go to ‘System configuration’ menu.
- Now, click on the ‘Hardware failure status’ option.
- A message ‘Clear’ displays on the screen. Tap on the ‘OK’ option, to clear.
- Once the Hardware Failure Status Cleared appears on the screen, click on the Cancel to continue.
- Until the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” or “Ink System Failure” message appears on the screen, continue pressing cancel button.
- Now switch off your HP printer and wait for few seconds.
- Turn on the printer and let the printer start ‘One Time ink initialization process’ and do not interrupt it.
- Once it is completed, the printer will automatically print a diagnostic page.
- Now do a print job to check if the error is resolved or not.
- If not, then replace the ink cartridges with the new one.