Did your printer stop working suddenly and now shows Epson Error Code 0X97? Don’t panic. Here you will get the solution to your problem. In this article, you can know how to fix Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 by yourself. Just follow the troubleshooting steps in the given sequence and repair your Epson Printer with Error 0X97.
Simple Steps to Fix Error Code 0X97
Epson Printer Error 0X97 is an internal hardware problem that occurs in the Epson Printers. This error 0X97 appears on the LCD screen of the printer. The Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 causes suddenly when the printing process is taking place and it stops the print job or turns off the printer. A motherboard failure is one of the reasons for the occurrence of Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 in your printer. As the Epson Error 0X97 is caused due to the internal hardware issue, you can easily fix this error by following the troubleshooting steps described below.
How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0X97?
You can resolve the Epson Printer Error 0X97 in various ways. The solutions to troubleshoot the Epson Printer Error 0X97 are as follows.
Solution 1: Unplug and Plugin the Printer
- Firstly, you have to open the case of your printer and see if any paper materials are jammed. If present, remove all the paper straps carefully.
- Now, remove all the cartridges of your printer carefully and unplug all the USB cables of your Epson Printer and then turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Wait for few seconds, and plug back all the USB cables that were removed to the printer.
- Now switch ON the printer and check if the error 0X97 is fixed or not.
- If the error is not repaired, then try the solution 2.
Solution 2: Unplug and Plugin your Printer in Inverse manner
This process is quite opposite to solution 1. Through this process, you can know whether the error has occurred due to internal hardware failure or not.
- First of all, shut down your printer by pressing the power button and unplug all the USB cables.
- Wait for 5 minutes and press & hold the power button of the printer for more than 1 minute.
- Now while pressing the power button, plugin all the USB cables.
- Press the power button for another 1 minute after plugging in all the cables.
- Now plug back the power cable and release the power button.
- Check if the error is displaying or not. If the Epson Error 0X97 still persist, try the solution 3.
Solution 3: Clean the clogged Epson printer nozzles with Wet Tissues
- Unplug all the power cables of your printer.
- Now, open the case of the printer and wet a piece of soft cloth in an ammonia-based cleansing liquid.
- Put the cloth under the print head and move the printer head to the center.
- Leave the cloth for 12 Hours.
- Now remove the cloth and close the printer.
- Now, switch ON the printer and check if the error is resolved or not.