Thanks to HP Wi-Fi Direct, you can enjoy a direct wireless communication to your HP without having to connect it to a local network or Internet. By activating HP wireless direct on your printer, you can conveniently print documents or photos from any Wi-Fi enabled device, be it computers or mobile phones. Besides following the basic steps to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi Direct, You can also seek assistance from the tech support team of HP who are readily available for help.
In order to connect HP Printer with Wi-Fi Direct, you have to install printer driver on your computer, which can be done in the following ways:
With the product CD:
After having established your computer with the printer’s HP wireless direct signal, insert the CD accompanying your printer. During the installation, you will be prompted to choose a connection type, where you need to select the wireless option.
- Touch the HP Wireless direct icon on the control panel of your printer. Alternatively, you can navigate the network setup. Through the wireless settings menu, you cansimply touch the wireless direct button. Following this, simply turn the connection on.
- You will get a password at the time of connection with the printer; note it down and then click on OK.
- Click on the wireless icon on your computer or laptop, and choose the HP printer model name from the list of available networks.
- Enter the security password when prompted.
- Insert the CD into the computer and wait for the installation to start.
- Choose the wireless connection option and the name of your printer to complete the driver installation.
- Reconnect your computer with normal wireless network once the installation is complete.
You can also take the following steps to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi Direct from the HP website:
- Turn your printer on.
- Ensure that the USB cable is disconnected from the printer’s end. Thecable can be connected if during the software installation process, you are prompted to do so.
- Go to the Driver and Software Downloads from the HP printer driver download site.
- Choose your printer model number and click on Submit.
- A page will open up, displaying the default OS selected.
- If you need to modify the operating system, click on Change and select your version.
- From the driver heading, tap on the Download option to download the complete software package.
- Save the printer software on your system in an easily accessible location.
- Touch the HP wireless direct icon or check the network setup from the printer control panel.
- Alternatively, you can visit the wireless settings menu and turn the connection on by touching the wireless direct.
- Tap on the wireless icon on your computer and then select the HP printer’s name.
- You may need to enter the security password from the printer control panel.
- Next, open or run the HP file that you have downloaded and wait for the installation to begin.
- You will be asked to choose the preferred wireless connection option and the name of your printer to complete the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, you will have to reconnect the computer to your wireless network.
Now that you are familiar with the steps to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi Direct, you are good to go!