Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network:
Before you take on wireless printing tasks, make sure the printer is connected to the same local wireless network that your computer or mobile device is on.
The same steps are also applicable if you change your Internet service provider or install a new router and need to reconnect the printer. Here, it is interesting to note that wireless printing does not work over limited guest networks in places such as college dorms and hostels. You can use a USB cable or connect with Wi-Fi Direct instead.
Once you receive the message:
Enter the WPS Pin for your printer, click Cancel in the window, and follow the steps as given below:
- Place the printer close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn the printer on and make sure ink cartridges are installed and paper is loaded in the main tray.
- Connect the printer to the local network.
If your printer has a control panel, you can follow the below-mentioned Easy Methods to Connect HP Officejet Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network:
- On the printer, select Restore Network Settings from the Wireless settings, or Restore Settings menu.
- Get the network name and password.
- Click on the option Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless Settings, or Network Setup menu, after which you can select your network name and enter the password.
If your printer does not have a control panel,
- Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for five seconds or until the light starts blinking. For Tango printers, press the Wireless button and the Power button on the printer’s rear until the blue bar flashes.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router until the connection process starts. Once the connection process is complete, the light on the printer stops flashing.
If your router does not have a WPS button, follow the Easy Methods to Connect HP Officejet Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network, as given below:
- Download and install the HP Smart app
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection. If you have an HP printer without a touchscreen, press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power lights blink. If your HP printer does not have a touchscreen, press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention light blinks. The printer might restart. As far as HP Tango printers are concerned, you have to press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the front light flashes blue.
- Within two hours, follow the guidelines in the HP Smart app to add the printer and establish the wireless connection.
Next, you have to connect the printer to your computer or mobile device. Install the HP software or HP Smart App to complete the printer connection. Simultaneously, you need to make sure that your computer or mobile device is connected to your local wireless network and has a strong signal.
You can download the driver or HP Smart App on your computer or mobile device to implement Easy Methods to Connect HP Officejet Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network. After this, open the software and follow the guided installation to complete the setup for a wireless connection.