Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Is your Canon Pixma printer facing an error? Here is a handy guide for you on how to reset Canon Pixma printer.
Sometimes a quick reset is all your printer requires to solve a significant error or an issue. Every Pixma model features a slightly different factory reset procedure. However, all share a lot of common ground.
Reset your Pixma printer in the following ways:
- The menu of a Pixma printer provides admission to factory reset option. Selecting the next option shall return all settings to factory specifications which might require connecting to the home’s network and going through the entire setup process all over again.
- To access the factory reset option, firstly, turn on your printer and open the menu. Now, use the directional arrows to navigate to the setup menu, followed by “Device settings.”
- Select “OK,” and choose the “Reset settings” option; select “OK” icon again to restart the entire procedure. In some Pixma printer models, the “Device settings” menu is accessible from the main menu without moving through the setup option.
Ink Cartridge Resets
- When a user installs a new ink cartridge, Pixma guides them through a cartridge realignment process before allowing moving forward with next print session.
- It is essential to follow the menu prompts for alignment and then print a trial.
- Refilled ink cartridges generate a reset issue for Canon Pixma printers, and there are quite a few ways to move the printer through the problem. For printers within the Pixma MP/MX/MG series, ink cartridge resets require one to reset the printer according to ‘BCH technology.’
- For printers in a different Pixma line, it is required to consult the instructions provided with the ink cartridge refills or refill kit. To keep away from dealing with ink cartridge reset problems, purchase cartridges directly from the manufacturer or an authorized provider.
Ink reset instructions:
- Firstly, turn off the power.
- Now push the power button down while you are holding the “Stop” button.
- Release the stop button while you are still holding the power button before pressing the “Stop” button two additional times.
- Then, after approximately 30 seconds, the printer’s display shall show “O.”
- After this, press the “Stop” button at least four times before pushing the power button twice.
- Now, push the power button down to turn off your printer and reset it.
- Rearrange cartridges by unplugging the printer’s power and the various USB cables.
- Finally, open the ink cartridge door while you are holding down the power button and after that reconnect the power cables with the power button pressed. Close the cartridge door, and then let go of the power button.
In case, the issue persists about how to fix canon printer please contact your nearest technician or the customer support center of the said brand or the manufacturer to reset the canon Prisma printer.