Canon Pixma TS3100 and TS3120 wireless printers offer compact, affordable printing at home and office. With the Wi-Fi connection, you can print a document from any room of your house. That means you need first to learn the steps of Canon Pixma TS3100 and TS3120 wireless connection setup.
These wireless printers use a fine hybrid ink system to print detailed documents and photographs. One can also use the printer with the Canon Print App from the smartphone. Additionally, you can always print the copies whenever you need them without disturbing others with the Quiet Mode feature of the Canon TS series.
Let us start with the process of setting up these wireless printers.
- Make sure your printer is turned on.
- When the printer lamp starts flashing, press the “stop” button.
Next, let us follow the WPS connection method.
- Check whether your router has a WPS button and it is in a ready state.
- Press and hold the network button on the printer.
- Release the network button when the Wi-Fi light starts flashing.
- Now, press the WPS button from the router and continue pressing it for 2 minutes.
- If you see the network icon as available, it means your printer is successfully connected to a wireless router.
If your printer is not successfully connected to the wireless router, you can run the diagnostic tool available on the Canon printer support page. Once the connection to the wireless router is made, you can follow the steps for wireless connection of printers on Windows PC and Mac PC.
Steps of Canon Pixma TS3100 & TS3120 Wireless Connection on Windows PC
- Ensure your printer and Windows PC are turned on.
- Follow the previous instruction to connect a printer with the wireless router.
- Once your printer is connected to Wi-Fi, visit the Canon’s website https://ij.start.canon ts3100 or https://ij.start.canon ts3120, and download the printer driver of your Canon TS model for Windows PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the driver installation process.
- Open the “Run” dialogue box on your Windows PC and type ‘Control’ in the text area and press the ‘OK’ button to visit the Control Panel.
- Select ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Click on the ‘Add Printer’ option.
- You can see a list of installed printers on your screen. Select your Canon TS printer and press the ‘Next’ button.
- Wait for a few seconds, and the printer will be added to your Windows PC.
- Once your printer is added, you will find a green checkmark beside your printer name.
Steps of Canon Pixma TS3100 & TS3120 Wireless Connection on MAC
- Make sure all your devices are in the ready state (printer, router, and Mac).
- Using the steps mentioned above, you need to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Download your Canon TS printer driver from canon’s website https://ij.start.canon ts3100 or https://ij.start.canon ts3120.
- After the driver installation on your Mac device is completed, follow the next steps.
- Go to the ‘Apple’ menu and click on the ‘System and Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option and press the ‘+’ sign to add the printer.
- A list of printers will be available for you; select your printer among them.
- Your printer will successfully be connected to your Mac PC.
Ensure both the printer and MAC device are connected to the same WiFi network.
If your Canon TS3100 print is facing a Not Working Issue, you can do the following:
- Check if your printer is connected well to the power outlet
- Tap the ‘ON’ button available on the printer’s control panel.
- If the LED light flashes, it indicates your printer is in a ready state.
- Make sure the USB cable between printer and PC is inserted correctly.
- Now take a test print page.
If your Canon Pixma Ts3120 is facing a Not Printing issue, follow the steps:
- Check if the printer is connected properly to the power socket.
- Check if the printer drivers are correctly installed on the system.
- Check whether the ink cartridges have enough ink to print.
- Check if the input tray is fully loaded with paper.
- If a printer is still not printing, try restarting your printer and computer system.
- Ensure that your printer and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If the problem still exists, contact the Canon support team.
If you still find trouble connecting your wireless Canon TS printers to your Windows or Mac PCs, get help from technicians. You can also visit the customer support page of Canon for additional support.