In an Epson printer, the print drivers start refusing to print when the ink level reaches a certain level. Although there will be some ink in the cartridge, still it stops printing. If you have kept a replacement cartridge well before this situation then it is perfectly ok but if not, then you will be in problem. But do not worry even if there is no standard method for working with this limitation, but still, there is a simple way following which you can know How to bypass ink cartridge on Epson printer.
Method 1 Bypass Ink Cartridge on Epson Printer
- Open the lid and hold the ink button down.
- When the ink holder moves to its position, open the lid of the cartridge that doesn’t have ink, and again close it even without removing the cartridge.
- Now close the lid and start printing.
- This is one simple step which might help you in bypassing ink cartridge. This method works on that model of printer which does not have a microchip on the cartridge for tracking the level of ink.
Most of the Epson inkjet printers come with a metering system that gives an alert message to the user when the cartridges are running low on ink. Then, the microchip present will shut down the printer and will not allow printing until a new cartridge is installed.
But In the cartridge, you will find there is still some ink which can be used for printing until you bring a new one. As cartridges are very expensive therefore it is better if by any trick we can use this remaining ink. By playing a trick we can make the printer to think that a new cartridge has been installed, so remaining ink should be used. Let’s have a brief discussion on some other methods of Bypass Ink Cartridge.
Method 2: Shake the printer cartridges:
- Keeping the power of your printer on, lift the printer cover and pause until carriage to stop moving front and back.
- Now put out all the printing cartridges by pressing the tabs present in the short end of each and every cartridge and lifting straight out.
- Now turn the printer off and wait for some time until the printer shut down completely. Now remove the plug of the printer from the main source of power and then wait for some time thereby allowing time to the memory of the printer to get reset.
- Now shake each cartridge for some time for redistributing the ink inside.
- Then keep the cartridges inside the printer in the same order as it was removed and then connect the printer to the power source.
Method 3 – Cartridge resetting
Carefully remove the cartridge of the printer in the same way as described in method 2 and then check the cartridge end that contains the copper contacts. In some models of printer, there is a button for resetting just above the contacts in the center. Now carefully press the reset button by using the end of a paper clip or other such objects. Once you reset each cartridge, you can place them in their position. The printer may accept them as if they are new cartridges.
Here are three simplified methods to correctly bypass the ink cartridge on your Epson printer and save Epson Ink. Follow these steps closely to make the process easier and avoid any unwanted mistakes while performing the bypass. If you have any further inquiries or require reliable and immediate support, don’t hesitate to call +1-929-227-3478 to our dedicated support team for expert assistance.