The COVID-19 pandemic has led to people adapting to newer and more evolved lifestyles over the years. With more people staying and working at home, there has been a marked boom in home printing throughout the United Kingdom (UK) as per a major survey conducted by British retailer, Cartridge People. The findings of this exercise are fascinating indeed. More than 20% of citizens have confirmed that they are now printing more than prior to the pandemic. This works out to more than 1 out of every 5 people.
Here are some other facts thrown up this interesting survey:
- More than a quarter of citizens are using printers every day while almost half are printing every week.
- 28% of citizens use their printers for working at home while 14% now require them to print for their own educational purposes or their children.
- 12% of citizens are using printers for printing out their photographs.
- HP is presently the most popular manufacturer of printers in the United Kingdom (UK) and was acclaimed by 47% of respondents in the survey.
- Inkjet printers are now being used by more than three quarters of printer owners in the UK.
- More than 1 out of 10 owners of printers are clueless whether toner or ink cartridges are accepted by their printers.
People are now relying more on better home printing solutions for school work, university education and printing documents or photographs. Several leading brands are coming up with home-friendly products and solutions in this regard. Epson has officially launched two brand new multi-function printers tailored for home and small office environments. These are the EcoTank ET-5880 and WorkForce Pro WF-4745. Canon has also recently launched its new budget printer range dedicated towards home office usage.