Computer printers will not function until and unless you have installed the drivers and the software that is given with the device. This article will resolve your query of how to setup your computer and printer device.
If you cannot find the CD for the printer, you can download the printer drivers before installing the device. Here are some steps that you should follow:
- Connect the printer and computer via a USB cable, SCSI cable or parallel port cable. Link the power plug to the outlet.
- Turn on the printer with the power button.
- Your computer should be powered on. Insert the printer CD. If it does not open automatically, go to My Computer and then double-click on the driver.
- Then click Setup or Install, whichever is the name of the file that is present. If the drivers have been downloaded, run the setup file.
- Follow the installation instructions and once it is done, you can get your software installed.
- Test your printer to ensure that it is working properly or not.
If the computer does not have any CD drive or the CD is missing for some reason, then you can always download the software for the printer from the website of the printer manufacturer. Upon downloading the drivers, you may run the file in order to ensure the installation of the same.
Newer computer systems may not have support for older printer models. For instance, Windows 10 may not always back any printer that was manufactured several years before its release.
If the drivers are not listed on any driver page of a printer, then the operating system or Windows versions will not support the same.
You can always attempt the installation of a previous version of an operating system driver and this may also work accordingly.
Here are some steps that require the installation of solely the drivers:
- Go to the Control Panel when your printer is already powered on.
- In this section, double-click on Printers or the Printers and Fax icon.
- In the window for Printers, click on add a printer.
- After completing these steps, view the Windows Printer Wizard and then click on Next.
- You can then install either a Local or a Network printer. If the printer is directly connected to your computer, then you can select Local printer which is linked to your computer and then hit Next.
- Whenever you are prompted for the location of your printer driver, browse the driver directory or use the printer CD accordingly.
By following these steps, you can set up your computer to a printer device and start printing documents, images, or any other files efficiently. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, call +1-929-227-3478 our experts.