How to Setup HP Wireless Printer to MacBook Pro is the common question asked by a lot of users out there. In case you don’t know, Mac OS can automatically identify printers connected over the same network via the Wi-Fi router. The router allows you to convert the wired network into a wireless one.
Moreover, AirPrint is a built-in printing solution for Mac devices. You can take printouts from most apps that come with a print feature. No doubt, HP is a household name when the context is about printers and laptops. With technological evolutions, HP is coming up with new ways to ensure that its users stay entertained.
Nowadays, a majority of HP printers support direct Wi-Fi, mobile printing, etc. How to Setup HP Wireless Printer to MacBook Pro is a question which usually seems challenging to first-time Mac users. So with these things in mind, let’s take a glance at the steps which would help in setting up a HP wireless printer with your MacBook Pro.
Simple and Easy Steps to Connect HP Wireless Printer with MacBook Pro
Here are some of the steps you have to follow to connect your HP wireless printer with the MacBook Pro.
- In the first step, connect your HP printer with the MacBook Pro through wirelessly or wired mode.
- Ensure that the printer and the MacBook Pro are connected to same internet connection.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Go to the browser of your MacBook Pro and navigate to the setup suite.
- Remember that you have to download the driver software for your HP printer.
- Download and extract the files and accept all the terms and conditions.
- Click on the continue button to have access to the files in your Mac.
- In the dropdown list, you can discover the name of your wireless HP printer.
- Choose the printer name from the list of detected devices.
- If your HP printer has not been detected, ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Select the printer and click on the continue button to commence the process.
- Always note that you have to select any one option- USB connection or wireless connection, for the printer to connect without any issues.
- Continue with the printer driver installation process.
- After the printer has been installed, click on the finish button. Your HP printer is now connected wirelessly to your MacBook Pro.
What to do when your Wireless Printer is not there in the MacBook Pro?
Many people still face issues even when they know how to setup HP wireless printer to MacBook Pro. Here are some steps you should follow to sort out the issue.
Check the Status of the Network
Always ensure that your network is functioning properly. On the other hand, you also have to check whether or the printer is ready for AirPrint. You can open the wireless network or settings menu on the printer to ensure that the wireless signal is turned on or not. Ensure that the wireless indicator light is on and stable.
Next up, you can check the network icon in the menu bar of your MacBook Pro. Also, check whether the MacBook Pro has a steady internet or not. If you find your MacBook Pro to be in the same network, you have to check the band of the router. Not many HP printers support the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. Always opt for the 2.4 GHz band to ensure uninterrupted connection. Let’s hope that the steps as mentioned above would help you to connect HP wireless printer to MacBook Pro.