Wondering how to uninstall and install printer drivers in computer? You should go to Start and then Settings before typing device installation in the search bar. You should then choose Change device installation settings. This is followed by selecting Yes and Save Changes. You can then add your printer from Settings-Printers & Scanners-Add a printer or scanner. If any special installation program is required, visit the site of the printer manufacturer for obtaining and operating the same.
How to uninstall and install printer drivers in computer? Your printer may require specialized drivers for Windows 10, 8 or 8.1 for recognition and you may have to reinstall the driver for the same. This may take place if the original one has been uninstalled or if the installation has been refreshed. Always check the instructions for installation with care. You will find the guide in the printer box or if you are reinstalling the printer driver for an older model, then you will find the manual at the website of the printer manufacturer.
Here are some general steps that you can follow:
- Choose Start-Settings.
- Type device installation-change device installation settings.
- Choose Yes and then Save Changes.
- In the search box for Windows Setup, type in Printer and then choose Add a printer or scanner.
- In this page, choose add a printer or scanner.
- Choose your printer when it comes on the screen and then follow the added instructions for installation of the driver.
How to uninstall and install printer drivers in computer by another method? This may be required if a printer needs you to go through its own driver installation program instead of taking the Windows route. You have to visit the support website of the printer manufacturer and find the download file for the printer driver (mostly available in the Support options). Keep following these guidelines and you will be done.
For removing printer driver files, you should follow these steps:
- Programs and Features-uninstall any program here.
- Devices and Printers and if you still see it there, right-click on the same and choose Remove device.
For total removal of printer driver files, follow these steps:
- Start-printui/s/t2 in the search box and Enter.
- Press Windows-R and when the Run window comes up, type this command and press Enter.
- You can also press the Windows button and then type in the same.
- From the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Choose the printer and click Print Server Properties.
- Then click Drivers.
- Choose the one to be uninstalled.
- Click on Remove.
- Select the option Remove driver and driver package and then OK.