To communicate with the computer, every printer has its own specific driver, and therefore one must know to identify the driver which is compatible with the operating system. Installation of a printer driver on a computer is essential. For Windows 7, setting up a printer is fairly easy and does not take much time. One way to install the printer driver is with the help of a USB port. Certain things must be kept in mind while installing the printer like the correct printer model number and correct operating system driver.
Find Out Below about How To Install The Printer Driver In Windows 7
This will avoid the driver conflicting with your device. With the help of these steps, install of the printer driver in Windows 7, 8, 10, will become simple. For more reference or guidance, the internet can be consulted.
Below are steps on how to install the printer driver in Windows 7 –
- Click on ‘Start’ and then click on ‘Device and Printers.’
- Find ‘Add a Printer Option,’ which will be on the left-hand side/ top corner. Then click on ‘Add a Printer.’
- A Printer setup wizard will ask you ‘how do you want to install your printer?’ When using a USB cable, select the USB cable option.
- Select the option ‘use an existing port ‘and then click on the Next button.
- Windows built-in drivers list appears. Pick your printer and model number drivers. Then click Next to begin the installation.
- If the above built-in driver method does not work, then you have two options – (1) Have disk, (2) Windows Update.
- To use ‘Have Disk,’ you must have downloaded drivers from the website. Use “Have disk” and choose the driver path.
- Use ‘Windows Update’ when the driver is not found. This way, the driver can be installed.
Now your Printer driver is installed successfully.
Your computer will locate the driver when it is connected to your device. Another way is to install the driver is by using the CD or DVD which comes with the Printer. ‘Windows Update’ also helps in finding and installing a printer driver. Lastly, once you have the required drivers, you can easily install the printer with the help of the above steps. By following the guidelines on how to install a printer driver in Windows 7, you are good to go. Follow the procedure step by step to avoid any issues. The internet is flooded with guidelines. Online support is also available. Tech experts are ever ready to help if any problem occurs Windows 7, 8, 10, also provides its own guidance to a user for the Install The Printer Driver In Windows installation of a printer driver. Go for the option best suited to your needs.