The Hewlett-Packard company commonly known as HP is one of the well-known names in Hardware business. Hp sells lots of products. Starting from full desktop setup to hardware components, output and input devices, laptops and printers. The variety of products in this company makes it one of the best of its kind. Hp printers are widely acclaimed all over the world. The inkjet, Deskjet and laserjet printers with a variety of choices, makes it one of the best printers which are used all over the world. Every electronic gadget is man-made. It may experience glitches and technical problems. But they’re nothing to be scared of or get paranoid. We have brought you solutions which you can implement and solve the technical problems experienced by your printer yourself, step by step.
What is error code 303?
In HP, error code 303 signifies that the HDD or the hard drive has failed the short test. If you face this error in your desktop or your notebook, you have to fix HP smart test error code 303. These are the following things which you have to do immediately to avoid any more issues:
- Start backing up all your important files and folders in your computer or your notebook because your HDD has failed and needs to be replaced.
- After backing up give the notebook to the nearest HP dealer to get it fixed, if its under warranty.
- If not under warranty, you can try to fix it yourself by following some very easy techniques enlisted below.
How To Fix HP Smart Test Error Code 303
Note: Please go through each step for a safer and hassle-free procedure.
Before removing the hard drive, please follow the following steps:
- Turn off or switch off your computer. DO NOT put it in sleep mode. Turn off from the operating system and disconnect all output devices connected to it.
- Disconnect the computer from the main electrical line.
- Remove the battery.
After following the above-mentioned steps you can now remove your HDD by the following method.
- Position the computer with the front towards you.
- Open the screws which secure the HDD in the port
- Lift the right side of the port cover to remove it.
- Lift the HDD, slide it to the left to release it from the HDD bay.
- Disconnect the hard drive cable from the bay.
- Remove the HDD from the bay.
For replacing the hard drive, follow the following steps:
- Remove the following to replace the HDD:
- Hard drive connector cable
- Four rubber isolators
- Four screws that secure the drive bracket rails and Myler cover to the hard drive
- Left and right HDD bracket rail with Mylar cover.
Reverse this procedure to reassemble and install the new hard drive. This is the procedure to remove and reinstall a new HDD. However, there are certain times when you still might get the message, then do contact the customer care to fix the problem.