Are you worried about what this error oxc19a0040 is and How to Fix hp printer error oxc19a0040? Here is a useful guide for you to understand the error and steps to troubleshoot it.
What is the error oxc19a0040?
HP Printer Error 0xc19a0040 shows up if the print head seems missing, cannot be detected, or is incorrectly installed. Follow these quick fixes to resolve the issue immediately:
Quick-fix 1: Use genuine company cartridges
If ink cartridges you are using are not reliable in the printer, then it might cause an error message. To get a proper print quality, use genuine cartridges. Not using authentic one will result in HP Printer Error 0xc19a0040.
Quick-fix 2: Reset your printer
- At first turn on your printer.
- Wait for some time until it becomes silent.
- When it is on, detach the power cable from the printer.
- Disconnect the cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 50-60 seconds and plug in the cord to the outlet
- After this, reconnect the power cord.
- Finally, switch on the printer.
Quick-fix 3: Print head reset
- Open the access to the cartridges.
- Wait till they become silent
- Disconnect the power cable from your printer.
- Now, lift the cartridge handle.
- Hold the printhead sides, and then pull the print head slightly without removing it entirely from the carriage.
- Reinsert the printhead into the cartridge to reseat it.
- Lower the cartridge latch, once the printhead settles in.
- Close the cartridge door.
- Reconnect power cable to the printer.
- Press “On” button to switch on the printer.
Quick-fix 4: Clean the Ink-Cartridges
- Detach cartridge head.
- Now check whether the cartridge has connectors on the chip’s lower part or not.
- If it is there, cleans them with a damp napkin with bottled or distilled water.
- Now double verify to make the copper-colored place free from dirt before placing back the cartridges.
- Repeat 1-4 steps for all the remaining cartridges.
- Insert all the cartridges one by one into the printer and close the door.
- If the error appears yet again, change the ink cartridges.
Quick Fix 5: Update the firmware from the printer
- Press the ePrint button in the printer, and the status will appear.
- Press “Settings” on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Touch “Printer Update” button
- Press “Check for Update Now,” and the firmware will be updated
Quick Fix 7: Replacement of Printhead
If you have finished each one of those repairing mentioned above steps and are still facing the same issue, then change the print head. Also, do not keep the cartridges externally for more than 30 minutes. It might harm both the printer as well as the cartridges
In case the issue still exists, please contact your nearest technician or the manufacturer of the printer to get the issue tackled by professionals for your comfort.