Are you a victim of the Brother Error Code TW006 on your PC? Go through this article. Here, we have described a step by step solution on how to fix Brother Printer Error Code TW006. You can easily fix this error on your own by following the troubleshooting steps provided below.
You will receive the Brother Error Code TW006 when the Brother Scanner cannot communicate with the system properly. This error is mainly caused due to incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. To resolve this Brother Printer Error TW006, follow the simple steps stated below:
Steps to fix Brother Printer Error Code TW006
- Based on your machine’s connection method, follow the below procedure.
- If your device is connected to your computer with the help of a USB cable or connected using a network (issue occurs when scanning from within the ControlCenter4 software on your computer), proceed to the next step.
- If your machine is tethered using a network connection (issues only occur if you attempt to scan from the “Scan to” option provided on your machine), then the error tw006 is caused as a result of the computer being involved with two or more active network connections. You have to choose one connection and disable any others. To determine if your PC is indeed using multiple network connections, follow the steps given below.
- On your desktop, click on the windows flag icon if you are having Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. Now, right-click on the screen and then tap on Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will open.
- If you have Windows Vista or 7 or XP, then click on Start and in the Search line, type CMD and then press Enter. The Command Prompt window will open.
- Now type IPCONFIG and then press Enter.
- You must receive details about your computer’s network connection. Scroll up to view the complete information. Note down the IP Address or IPv4 Address.
- In case you have two or more network connections indicated by multiple IP Addresses or IPv4 Addresses, then you must disable one. In case you are not sure how to do so, contact your network admin or router manufacturer for assistance.
- Otherwise, if you have only one network connection indicated by a single IP Address or IPv4 Address, go to next step.
- Make sure that you are able to scan into a different application like Scanner and Camera Wizard or Windows Fax and Scan. By this, you can know if the issue is with the scanner driver or a ControlCenter4 setting. Depending on the OS, the available scan application varies. If you’re able to scan with another application, then go to the next step.
- Now uninstall the brother software.
- You will need to reinstall the MFL-Pro Suite by making use of the “Full Driver and Software Package.”
- Once the installation is completed, attempt to scan from ControlCenter4 again.
- If you are able to scan, then the Brother Printer Error TW006 is resolved.
- In case you are still unable to scan, then the problem is related to the computer’s registry settings. You can scan using an alternate program such as PaperPort, if available.