Call for Help Desk Support Number (833)-522-1003
Brother Printer so far has earned the reputation for designing and manufacturing sophisticated printers equipped with the latest technological features enables to enhance the user-friendly attributes. Wireless printing is a notable feature that is found in many of their latest printers. If you’ve been using a Brother Printer and for the past few days the TS-05 error is showing, then it can be solved first hand. When you’re wondering “how to fix brother printer error TS-05”- try the given pointers below. Before you give in and call a technician, you can at least follow the given steps DIY and try to resolve the issue at the earliest convenience—
What are the reasons for the TS-05 Error?
- The major reason behind the Error TS-05 is the incorrect SSID name
- Incorrect network key can also be a serious reason behind the error in the printer
- It’s possible that the printer may not receive the first WEP Key if the router is using multiple WEP keys while operating the WEP encryptions.
Follow the given steps to fix the TS-05 error from your Brother Printer—
Often the wireless connectivity in between the printer and the PC is interrupted because of the built of the WLAN access point. Using multiple SSID is genuinely a plus, but it’s also a major issue for jeopardizing the Brother Printer with the network. The printer only uses WEP Key 1 for establishing a connection. If you find it to be the major issue behind the TS-05 issue, follow the given steps to resolve the error.
Step 1: Check and re-confirm the SSID & Network Key
- First of all, check that the SSID and security information which is mentioned are correct
- Re-confirm the security information which is the network key and the SSID to solve the error
- Check the side of the WLAN router/access point properly
- There you’ll find the network name that could be the manufacturer’s or model’s name
- Reverify the SSID and the security Key
Step 2: Check your printer’s establishment with the first WEP
- On the first lap, you have to check whether the printer supports the WEP
- Check whether your WLAN router is using WEP encryption with numerous WEP (such as WEP Key 1, WEP Key 2, WEP Key 3, WEP Key 4 and so on)
- Now, enter the WEP Key 1
- Make sure that the Brother Printer only supports the WEP Key 1 only. So you have to establish the connectivity accordingly.
If you find the error persists, move on to the next step.
Step 3: Try the Power-Cycle method
Though the error has nothing to do with the hardware as it’s an error caused by the network. Still, you can apply the power-cycle method by unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet while keeping the printer on and wait for some time before plugging it once again and restarting the device.
If the issue remains, then check the internet connectivity.