STEPS ON How to fix Brother printer error code 50
Brother printers are technically designed to offer complete printing solutions. They are of good quality and among the best in printing solutions today. Since these are technical devices, one can’t expect them to be error free. One of the commonly occurring errors is the code 50.
The brother printer error code 50 is an internal issue which occurs when the users are attempting to unplug their printer device and plug it back again. The message “Unable to Print 50” will appear on the display if a foreign object that could include a paper clip or ripped piece of paper is found stuck in the machine. This message mainly pops up because of an issue of the print head. Your print head comprises of the cartridges that sit inside the printer.
Now on how to fix brother printer error code 50, follow the steps given below –
- Transfer all the faxes to another fax machine so that no important message will be lost. All the fax messages will go directly to the machine’s memory because it cannot print at the moment. Thus, if extremely important, the faxes can be transferred to another machine, to avoid losing them. It helps in saving time and the important faxes can be recovered easily.
- Open the scanner in the upward direction. Then carefully check the left and right sides and even the centre to remove any paper scraps that may be jammed under the print head.
- Keep the scanner cover left open. Attempt to turn the machine around in a manner that you are looking at the back of the machine.
- Open the clear jam cover on the back of the machine.
- Look within for traces of foreign objects or jammed paper. Get rid of them and close the jam cover and the scanner cover.
- If “Unable to print 50” is displayed again, then unplug the machine from the power outlet for 1 minute, then plug it back again. Remove all the ink cartridges, turn off the printer, turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds.
- If “Unable to print 50” is cleared, then do a Print Quality Check Sheet (PQCS). If it is working and prints successfully, then the issue is resolved. If not, then again repeat from Step 1.
There are many online support facilities for printer repair covering all types of error codes. This indeed makes workflow easy as the device is taken care of and rectified as soon as possible. There are guidelines provided on how to fix brother printer error code 50 for swifter recovery as well.