Here’s Troubleshooting the Flashing Drum Light Error on Brother Printer
Owning a multi function Brother Printer? It is thanks to the latest technology that the manufacturer uses that you must be enjoying the unlimited benefits that the printer offers. But have you ever experienced few minor problems like Drum Light Flashing on your Brother Printer? This is a very common problem or error message that occurs when the drum counter had not been reset properly when it was replaced the last time.
Let’s follow the below instructions to know how to fix brother printer error and drum light flashing
- Verify whether the printer cables have correctly been plugged into the printer and the computer.
- Unplug the power cord, wait for 60 seconds, and re-plug the printer cables into the printer and computer to make sure they are deeply seated in the correct ports.
- Verify you have the updated printer driver installed for your Brother device.
- If your printer is displayed as an Unknown Device in your computer, then it’s the time to reinstall your printer and solve the problem.
- If you see multiple printers of the same model installed on your PC, make sure everybody is using the same driver.
Toner Cartridge Reset
- Disconnect any USB cables and remove any memory cards from the printer.
- Reboot the computer.
- Open the top panel of the printer, unlock the locking clips of the ink cartridge and carefully take them out and place on a clean surface.
- Re-lock the empty ink cartridge locking clips and close the printer.
- Wait for 60 seconds before proceeding to the next step.
- Re-insert one ink cartridge only and print a test page.
- If no errors messages are displayed, insert the other ink cartridge and ensure that it is working by printing another test page.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge. Wait for 2 minutes.
- Put back the drum unit and toner cartridge into the printer.
- The Drum LED continues to blink if the drum counter was not reseated properly when you replaced the drum.
- Open the front cover of the printer
- Press and hold down Go button for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up.
- Once all 4 LEDs are lit, release the Go button
- Close the front cover.
- Your drum is now reset.
If your printer boots directly into an error message, contact the customer support of Brother Printer for solutions and technical assistance.