Are you facing problem in replacing ink in a canon printer? In this post, we will provide you with a step by step guide on how to change ink in canon printer.
When warnings or remaining ink level errors occur, a message appears on the LCD screen to inform you that you need to change ink as soon as possible. Follow the proper procedure described below to replace the ink cartridge in canon printer.
To replace an ink cartridge in a printer, follow the steps below.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Open the front panel.
3. Open the control panel (A), and then open the paper output tray (B).
Open the control panel (A) until it stops.
The print head holder (C) is positioned at the appropriate location for replacement.
When opening or closing the control panel, do not touch the buttons or LCD screen on the control panel. This could, in fact, cause an unexpected complication.
Do not touch the metal or other parts inside the machine.
If the control panel remains open for more than 10 minutes, the print head holder moves to the right. In this case, close and open the control panel again.
4. Remove the ink cartridge that has a flashing light.
Push the latch (D) and lift the ink cartridge to be removed.
Do not touch the other parts next to the ink cartridges.
Handle the ink cartridge carefully to avoid staining your clothes or the surrounding area.
Dispose of the empty ink cartridge in accordance with local regulations for the disposal of consumables.
5. Take the new ink cartridge out of its package, and remove the orange tape (E) completely, then peel off the entire protective film (F).
6. Hold the ink cartridge as the orange protective cap (H) is facing up, while being careful not to block the Y-shaped air inlet hole (G).
8. Insert the front of the ink cartridge into the print head while tilting it.
Make sure the ink cartridge is positioned as shown on the label.
9. Press the top of the ink cartridge until you hear a click confirming that the ink cartridge is in place.
Make sure the corresponding ink light is on.
10.Close the control panel slowly.
If a message appears on the screen, press the OK button.
Important notes on ink cartridges
- If you removed an ink cartridge, replace it immediately. Do not leave the machine with a missing ink cartridge.
- Use a new ink cartridge. Installing a used ink cartridge can cause clogging of the nozzles. On the contrary, if you were to use a use ink cartridge, the machine would not be able to tell you correctly when to replace the ink cartridge.
- Once an ink cartridge has been installed, do not remove it from the machine and do not leave it in the open. The ink cartridge may dry out, and the machine will not work properly once the cartridge is put back in place. To maintain the best print quality, change the ink cartridge for every six months.