Are you willing to connect your HP printer with your Windows 10 PC or laptop? Then, you have come to the right place. In this post, you will get an all-encompassing guideline on how to connect your wireless HP printer with windows 10. To learn the steps in brief; here’s to reading the narratives and learning the details.
Connect Your Wireless HP Printer with Windows 10
To connect your wireless HP printer with windows 10, you are required to follow some simple steps. Firstly, you need to restore the network default settings on the printer. Next, you will have to install the HP smart app and set the printer accordingly. Thirdly, you are required to consider learning how to print with Wi-Fi direct using the HP print service plugin for Windows 10. Let’s begin narrating the steps now!
Steps to Connect Your Wireless HP Printer with Windows 10
Step 1: Restore Network Default Settings On Your Printer
To restore network default settings on your printer, you have to prepare the printer for the wireless connection setup. For this, restore the network default settings.
On your printer, select the option that mentions ‘Restore Network Defaults from the Wireless Settings’.
For a majority of HP printers without the control panel menu:
You need to Press & hold the Wireless & Cancel buttons until Wireless & Power lights start blinking.
Step 2: Installing HP Smart App & Setting Up Your Printer
For this reason, you need to get the Smart app for Windows 10. After this, set up & use the HP printer to print, copy, scan, and manage the settings.
Place your printer near your chosen Wi-Fi router in case you are setting up the wireless connection. Also, ensure that the paper has got loaded in the printer’s main tray. Then, turn the printer on. After which, open your HP Smart app. In case you don’t have the HP Smart, all you need is to download the app from the official store.
Step 3: Printing on Windows 10
For this reason, you need to send the required print job by using the direct wireless connection between your Windows 10 device and wireless HP printer. Consider the following steps to learn more:
- Ensure that the paper has been loaded in the tray
- Then, turn the printer on (as described in the aforementioned step earlier)
- After which, all you need to do is search for the option mentioning ‘Printers and scanners’ on the Windows 10 devices
- Next, you will have to click on the option that says ‘Add a printer or scanner’ accordingly
- After this, you are required to click on the option that states ‘Show Wi-Fi Direct printers’
- As you complete the aforementioned step, it’s time to choose the printer with the DIRECT
- Tap on the Add Device option
- Next, you will see the WPS PIN prompting displays on your device
- After this, search for the PIN on your printer control panel or information sheet printed during the setup
- Next, you need to enter the pin within the time span of 90 seconds
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to complete its connection
One Quick Note: If you see the print getting expired, then you are required to restart the Windows 10 computer or laptop. Upon then, you will have to go through the process for printer setup once again!
- After this, if you see the display popping up with the message mentioning ‘Driver is unavailable status’, then you need to visit the official website to download and then install the print driver accordingly
- Once you do this, you have to open the item that you want to print
- After this, tap on the File option and click on the given Print option
- Lastly, you will require selecting the printer from the list and then press the option that mentions ‘Print’
With the aforementioned steps kept in mind, you can proceed with the method. Now that you have learned about the steps to connect the wireless HP printer with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop, you can proceed accordingly. Hopefully, this post has served you the best with the steps on how to connect your wireless HP printer with windows 10.