Although digital rise has outshined the significance of printers, they are unlikely to go out anytime soon. Fortunately, you do not need a computer now to print the files. Rather, the job can be performed simply through your phone. So, whether you own an iPhone (or even MAC) or android, this guide will tell you how to setup a Wi-Fi printer on your device.
Setup a Printer on Android via Wi-Fi
If you want to add a printer to Google Cloud Print via Wi-Fi, read on. Use the printer via Cloud Print on Android. For this, you would require adding it to the service. Do the needful by following the given pointers
- Open Settings &type “Printing”. Next, click on the ‘Printing option.’ Or you may even follow this:
Settings >> Connected devices >> Connection preferences >> Printing
- Click on Cloud Print.
- Next, tap on the menu atop the right-hand corner & choose ‘Add a printer.’
- Cloud Print automatically will search for the printers connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Next, tap on the printer, and ensure it is connected
Setup a Printer on Mac via Wi-Fi
For Mac users, if the printer is already connected to the Wi-Fi network, it may be available without the need for setting up. Check it by choosing File >> Print. After this, you need to click on the Printer pop-up menu. Soon after that, select Nearby Printers or Printers and Scanners settings. Now, select the printer. When you do not see the printer, you may add it.
- On the Mac, update the printer software
- Check with the printer’s manufacturer to check whether any updates are available for the printer model
Do you have an AirPrint printer? If yes, you do not need to check for software updates.
- Prepare the printer
- Connect the printer accordingly
When you have the Wi-Fi printer, you may require connecting the printer to the Mac with the USB cable and setting up Wi-Fi. Upon connecting the printer to Mac, install Mac software & use the setup assistant. That way, you may connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network. Soon after setting up, you may disconnect the cable from the printer &Mac. The printer must remain connected to Wi-Fi.
- Next, add your printer to the list of available printers
- If you cannot see the printer, click Add Printer, Scanner, or even Fax button on the right.
You will see a dialogue appearing listing printers on the local network
- If the printer appears, choose the printer and click Add.
Setup a Printer on iPhone via Wi-Fi
Get started with the following steps:
- Ensure the printer has the Ethernet Interface
- Locate the Wireless router with the Ethernet Port
- Ensure you have a Wi-Fi signal
- Check that the iOS device and receipt printer are connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Check the device permissions that Square may access the local network.
- Toggle ON for the Local Network in the device Settings >> Square >> Local Network to enable access
- Relaunch Square app
To connect the Ethernet Interface printer, follow the steps:
- Connect an end of the Ethernet cable to the printer’s rear panel
- Plug the cable’s other end into the wireless router’s port.
- From Square, click on More >> Settings >> Hardware >> Printers >> Create Printer Station.
- Choose printer & select the printer.
- Tap the Print Test and confirm your device &printer are well connected.
- In Use, this printer for section, toggle on what you want to print based on the requirements: Receipts, Order ticket stubs, Void tickets, and In-person order tickets
- Click on Save.
So, these are the steps to setup your printer on Android, iPhone, and Mac through Wi-Fi.