How to set up a new laptop and printer for the first time? There is a perennial question asked by most people- How to set up a new laptop and printer for the first time and there are several solutions for the query as well.
Here are the things you need to do for setting up your new laptop:
- Run the windows updates- Key in updates in the search bar and then hit check for updates. This will enable Windows to find and download all updates.
- Uninstalling third-party applications- Vendors often install third-party applications and software onto PCs which are unnecessary. You should visit Settings-System-Apps and features. You can also type Apps in the search bar before choosing Apps and features. Choose the apps you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
- Syncing/copying files- You will have to copy your data onto the new laptop. You can do this via Dropbox, Google Drive, manual copying of files or OneDrive Sync.
- Get antivirus software- You should download and install antivirus software. It is always advisable to get paid version.
- Install your chosen browser or continue with Microsoft Edge. You can download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome by searching online. Now how do you make it your default browser? Go to Settings and click System before choosing Default Apps. Click the web browser icon. Choose your browser after selecting choose a default.
- Deal with Cortana- You can activate the digital assistant and provide information. You can click the search box and then Cortana can do much more. Choose Sign in and then choose the notebook icon. Click About Me for entering information and then Connected Accounts and options like Sports to complete filling up your information and preferences. Wish to turn it off? Click on the search bar and go to settings. In Talk to Cortana, slide the left respond to Hey Cortana towards the left direction.
- Adjust your display settings by right-clicking the main desktop screen.
Setting up a new printer:
The query was not just about a new laptop but how to set up a new laptop and printer for the first time. This is how you should set up your printer:
- Plug the power cable into the socket and turn on the printer.
- Connect the USB cable to the laptop.
- Go to Printer Settings.
- Choose Add a printer and then follow the instructions that you find.
Try printing a test page by pressing Ctrl + P on the keyboard. Choose the new printer in the list and then click on Print to test out the new printer for the first time.