HP is known worldwide for its quality products and improved technology. Starting from desktop, laptop to printers HP has been in the top of the market. They are regularly improving old technologies and adding new to the list. Deskjet 1510 printer has a lot of specifications and modern technologies collection. These sometimes lead to several printing and scanning errors. Deskjet 1510 has several scanner errors.
These errors may include the following:
- One can encounter an error while communicating with the scanning device.
- While communicating with HP imaging device, an error can occur.
- “The computer cannot be found” message.
- Can’t detect your computer
- The scanner is not reachable
- The scanner cannot be initialized
- Scanner not found
- Scan unsuccessful
- Scan to computer is not available currently.
- Scan to computer is no longer activated.
Whenever a user encounters such error, How to Fix HP Deskjet 1510 Scanner Error is the first question that pops in their brain.
To address the question, How to Fix HP Deskjet 1510 Scanner Error you can use HP Print and Scan Doctor. To fix scanning error using this tool, follow the steps –
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- You will receive a file named as HPSdr.exe, saved in a location you keep your downloaded items in.
- Open the tool and select the Start option after choosing your printer. If by any chance your printer is missing from the list, go to the control panel, turn on the printer and click Retry.
- Click on Fix Scanning.
Here is a manual guide to Fix HP Deskjet 1510 Scanner Error
Step 1 – You need to uninstall the previous version of the printer software and reinstall.
- From the Windows Start Menu, go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program under the Programs menu. A list of programs installed in your PC will open.
- Select HP printer and uninstall it.
- During this time the printer must be turned on, with ink cartridges installed and plain papers loaded in the tray correctly.
- Download the correct printer drivers, for this visit 123.hp.com. They will provide the right printer drivers according to the operating system you are using.
- Follow the instructions and correctly install the drivers.
Step -2 Verify Windows Image Acquisition settings.
- Search for View local services
- From the services, window selects Windows Image Acquisition.
- Check that the status is showing started or running and the startup type is automatic. Go to the next step. If it is disabled, then right-click on windows image acquisition, go to properties, choose the General tab, and select Automatic which is available in the Startup type drop-down menu. Hit on Start.
- Before starting WIA, carry out Shell Hardware Detection, check Remote Procedure Call. RPC Endpoint Mapper and DCOM Server Process Launcher are all set to running status and automatic startup.
If the problems persist, then troubleshoot the printer connection. Consult an expert for resolving the issue.